Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seeking a perfectionist

Hans Gruber

The time has come to seek out a body shop to deal with the paintwork on my P&J
To the 'ordinary' bloke in the street my car is a minter but I am a perfectionist and I spend far too long looking down the lines of my C4S agonising about the almost imperceptible dents and stone chips.
Added to this I have just noticed that the edges of the near side wheel arches front and rear are starting to bubble, I'm talking a few millimetre size bubbles here but it's enough to give me sleepless nights, it's time to do something before the tin worm spreads - this is after all a 17 year old motor.

So after that long and boring preamble what I am looking for is a really, really good body shop. I thinking old geezers in blue overalls who I can trust to do a job worthy of a perfectionist, anything less than faultless just wont do, no orange peel, no overspray and a perfect match to the existing paint.

Car is Arctic Silver, I'm based in Huddersfield but would take the car some distance to get the right results.

I'm looking for recommendations, and an idea of what I should be paying..

Front PU/rear PU/both wings/rear quarters and bonnet - IMO the arches aren't far enough gone to require any metal to be removed

Your help is greatly appreciated

Options give Tom at Top Coat a bell. He did the work on my Jubi and it was very good :thumb:

Just looked at their website and the picture of my Jubi is still on there :eek: They too must have been pleased with it. They're in Halifax

http://www.topcoat-bodyshop.co.uk/

You could also consider Performance-Porsche in Brighouse as they have their own bodyshop and the recent 2.7RS rep with that paint that changes colour with the angle of the sun on it looks :worship: Martin the metal fabricator is a pure artisan and his workmanship is unbelieveable. Worth giving Tony a bell and popping in. Say I sent you :thumb: They would have done my Jubi since they did everything else on it but didn't have painting facililities back then.

HO6MJ1Yj.jpg

I use a friend of mine near me. Colour concept in Selby North Yorkshire. Great chap, knowledgeable, good value and absolutely ***** with stuff. Explain to him what you're wanting and he'll deliver an excellent job. Painted my bonnet and bumper and I'm ridiculously picky! Saw a very small flaw in the bonnet, something most people would miss under leds in my garage, he flat sanded and repolished without issue. He does lots for the VW boys and having owned mk2 golfs in the past I can tell you no one is as fastidious as golf owners!!!!!
He's a busy guy but worth waiting for in my opinion. Also like all body shops add a day or two to their turnaround time!! This is pretty standard fare with them all !

I know a place in Rotherham near Park gate ? Not a million miles away ? They do work for the Porsche centre in Sheffield ? They also do restorations and renovations on much Older Porsche's,

It's not pretty, and they don't wear blue overalls but they do an excellent job and have a good reputation, I can pass you their details via PM tmrw if you like ?

Otherwise, what about impact ? Aren't they across your way somewhere ?

Impact near the bluebell railway... our site as i can't find theirs ..

https://www.precisionporsche.co.uk/contact

The body shop next door to us .. not cheap i will say .. but damn good at what they do ... just don't mention i said that to Sam :)

I can put you in touch with the guy that built / painted this ?

IMG_1017.jpg

He's just painted my Mi16 - a real perfectionist.
It is flawless.

deMort said:
Impact near the bluebell railway... our site as i can't find theirs ..

https://www.precisionporsche.co.uk/contact

The body shop next door to us .. not cheap i will say .. but damn good at what they do ... just don't mention i said that to Sam :)

I've seen their work and it is truly excellent:

33677799183_f9c86f0d9e_b.jpg

I'd note, however, that I asked to book my car in for a re-spray (quote was £8,000, which I'd accepted) and they refused, for no reason that was ever communicated. I went elsewhere, as if I couldn't book the car in what choice did I have?

Maybe they thought I couldn't afford it, or maybe they don't like beards.

Difficult to know how to take trying to give someone some business and being refused.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back