Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Thanks. Are the original door speakers not 4ohm?
I have an Alpine PDX-4.100 amp. The dash and door speakers are driven together and the rear speakers separately, if that makes sense. The door speakers appear to be quieter than the dash?

Originally I would think that you would have had the standard Nokia 6 channel amp which drives each pair of speakers individually, I wanted to replicate that as I thought it was the path of least compromise.

I honestly don't know what doubling up the speakers and driving two pairs from one pair of channels will do - might make that channel 4 ohms whilst the doors stay at 2, but I'd be lying if I claimed to understand these things.

Ah, yes, that would make sense. I'll have to do a bit of digging in see how they are wired. From memory unplugging the dash speakers meant that the door speakers stopped working also. I'm thinking that would mean that they are possibly wired in series?

Having spent the day doing some testing (otherwise known as driving in to town and back) I can reveal that the stereo is now awesome, incredibly happy with it.

I have to admit .. i did think of that position but its a large loss of foot space for the passenger so i did not continue down that route .

Feeling rather embarrassed now that another garage did what i should have .. :oops:

Somewhat ashamed To be honest .

Not at all mate, I took it to an audio place that do a lot of work for Porsche OPC's (three, the chap said), so they knew what would work and what wouldn't having done it over and over.

It's very good of you .. i just feel i should have tried harder ..

I'll put it down to experience and carry on ... i'm just a little disappointed in myself is all .

Mistercorn at a guess.

I think your car looks spot on in its current guise Neil.

I wouldn't fit motorsport type wheels to a cab. They always look a bit funny to me. That's not a pop at Cabriolets, just my view on LMs and things.

Those thin 5 spokes on now look perfect. :thumb:

I intend running 380mm under 18" E29 996 Cup wheels, they fit, just.

I am not sure if E88's use the same barrels as the E29's but if you need the BBS part numbers let me know.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back