Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 993 £30k

They never have been for me, since joining here i've not been able to see pics on adverts, it says 'Advert Images' but nothing underneath on any advert.

Using Google chrome on a macbook.

Attachments

• unadjustednonraw_thumb_3919_145.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_3919_145.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 5,056
Robert SausageTrousers said:
They never have been for me, since joining here i've not been able to see pics on adverts, it says 'Advert Images' but nothing underneath on any advert.

I had the same until I disabled adblock on this page. Pics show fine now.

Northway have a number of 993s on their site, most of which have been for sale for months. There is one with 125k at £39k. From experience I suggest they might take a bid that may bring it close to the one on here for 35k if the mileage is considered too high.

Stu82 said:
As above looking for a 993 manual coupe.

Please let me know if you have anything.

Kind regards
Stuart

stuart

if you look on Pistonheads in the 964 section there is a 993 targa advertised for £30k
star ship miles but worth a look.

Cheap 993's still exist.

cgt2 said:
Robert SausageTrousers said:

I had the same until I disabled adblock on this page. Pics show fine now.

Works a treat :thumb:

Thanks for the advie, appreciated.

I'm aware it's very tight but just nervous the funds will get swept away on our house move. Need to put in a car before it's gone on a kitchen etc haha

STU82, moving house is perhaps stress enough without getting involved in taking on an old sports car in a price range that seems to be likely to require unknown amounts of expenditure where it seems wise to have at least have £10k spare in your back pocket on top the purchase price to begin to feel comfortable..? At least have any proposed purchase PPI`d by a renowned PORSCHE 993 expert to give yourself the best possible chance of avoiding buying into a money pit.

Good luck in your choices.

Re: Aventura

RobIpswichUK said:
stichill99 said:
I think the green car in the classifieds was a member on here and I am sure there is a thread on the car(MattyR) if I remember correctly. I think it is a good car and to be honest probably as close to £30k as you are going to get unless you find someone desperate to sell! 157k miles but look at the work done to it!

Spot on that is MattyR's old car being moved on. Very well sorted (if high mileage) and a great buy for someone.

Yes it's MattyR's old car, I haven't used it much because I'm busy with work (am in USA at the moment), I have a Caterham HPC, Healey 100/6 and load of motorbikes to play with, I've also put the HPC up for sale, the 100/6 is a keeper, if the HPC goes before the 993 then I won't make any effort to sell it, not that I've made much effort anyway.

It is a very nicely sorted car, handles a treat and is a joy to drive. As for the comments that a 30k 993 is a money pit, and you should spend 40k, I put it up on evilbay for 40k (don't ask don't get) ...... I have a chap interested and wants me to take it to Pie Performance in Suffolk for a once over report, which I will do when I get back to blighty, and I'll be happy to share the findings of the report if the interested party does not want to proceed.

Just wanted to type that my comments on 993/964 buying are no more than a generalisation and not aimed at any one car, and are based on my limited experience of welding up old Porsches, which both models I refer to now are..?

There is a lot of potential out there to fall into a money pit as we have read on here more than once, and the OP seemed to be moving house, thus my comments were aimed towards anyone in similar circumstances... Been there done that....

As for the results of a PPI, I suspect the owner of the vehicle in question has no right of access the contents of such a report...?

I'm waiting for them to drop to less than 25 bags before I'd take a punt :thumb:

Trantorman said:

Mileage is a bit hexy :what:

It's a poor advert that doesn't 'sell' the car's strengths at all. Describing it as a Targa might help suggesting the owner is 'home trade' or only recently got it and wants out.

Pity the seat looks like it's sagged from 205k miles or owned by Frank Cannon :dont know: All can be sorted but 25 should take it given there's no AC and would mean the owner having to swap socks and sandals for long trousers/shoes in cooler climates :roll:

The MoT history on it's own tells a story...

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
Nearside Rear Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot severely deteriorated (6.1.7 (g) (i))
Offside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
Front Service brake fluctuating, but not excessively BOTH FRONT BRAKES FLUCTUATING (1.2.1 (e))
Service brake fluctuating, but not excessively BOTH REAR BRAKES FLUCTUATING (1.2.1 (e))
Rear Lower Oil leak, but not excessive OIL STAIN ON UNDERTRAY ENGINE OR GEARBOX OIL OR BOTH (8.4.1 (a) (i))
Coil spring corroded BOTH FRONT COIL SPRINGS CORRODED (5.3.1 (b) (i))
Coil spring corroded BOTH REAR COIL SPRINGS CORRODED (5.3.1 (b) (i))
BOTH FRONT INNER BRAKE BACK PLATES CORRODED
Nearside Front Wheel bearing has slight play (5.1.3 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Upper Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Nearside Front Inner Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement WISHBONE BUSH (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement WISHBONE BUSH (5.3.4 (a) (i))
FRONT TO REAR UNDERTRAY FITTED PREVENTING SOME UNDERSIDE INSPECTION

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back