Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension refresh

Above is where I sourced my parts from. Apologies for format, it is a copy and paste from excel (hopefully helpful to others). Also got some "quidco" discounts!

I bought everything on the lists above in the end, EXCEPT rear top mounts and engine mounts.

Poker2009 said:
The ones at £140

p/n 416 050 0009

are what I bought in for my car (which is a 997.1 C2S)

This website looks like a copy of autodoc.co.uk!

Thanks good to know, even if I still have no idea of the difference!

It's the autodoc iPhone app, I've found it tends to be a couple more % off than their website!

Poker2009 said:
Above is where I sourced my parts from. Apologies for format, it is a copy and paste from excel (hopefully helpful to others). Also got some "quidco" discounts!

I bought everything on the lists above in the end, EXCEPT rear top mounts and engine mounts.

Hi Poker, thank you so much for sharing this information.

Have these parts now been fitted? How did it go?

Budgeting for 2020 expenses on my C4S and weighting things up. The biggest expense are the shock absorbers, leaning towards the Bilstein B4 (same as factory, I believe), around £2000 for the kit of 4.

Yes i have done about 3k miles since fitting in Sep 19. Car now gives a tremendous amount of grip, even in the wet - although should still be careful!

Not that I have tried anything other than factory, I would not put anything else but Ohlins, having felt the transformation.

Only things I would say is I got an MOT advisory for a perished dust cover on the front Meyle drop link, so I have ordered Lemforder from carparts4less this time, in the hope of better quality. (it may be just a faulty part - but not sure).

Also, since dropping the car, it has taken some getting used to, as I was knocking the front quite a lot, and have either damaged the bottom part of the wheel arch liner, or it was a bit tired already, and knocking it a bit was the final nail in the coffin. So have to sort that out too.

Poker, thanks for your reply and feedback.

Still considering what to do myself. My indy says no need to replace as not broken but then I think parts are worm and would love the car to have "as new" feeling to it.

PASM shocks do seem quite expensive, even the basic Bilsein B4s are going on for £1500 for them alone (and will need to add top mounts, etc.).

Some of my bits did not need changing, but I did it anyway, as I plan to keep the car, and wanted to do it all in one go, and have no hassle for 50k miles!

What is your mileage? I was at 65k miles, so it was all a bit tired anyway.

I'm on around 78k miles now (currently in storage over winter). The two front coffin arms and one longitudinal arm I have replaced, but the rest is still factory.

Have had the car since 2012 and its a keeper for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back