Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof rails or bars or racks?

Ste5442

Hi All,

I've just been informed by my local Porsche centre that the 992 has no provision to add a set of roof bars/rails and therefore can't accept a roof box?

So, onto my question: Is this really true ie. no bike, skis, snowboards or extra luggage? Doesn't sound plausible to me.

Do any of you guys know of anyone with roof bars on a 992 or even better, some pics of them fitted?
Tequipment don't seem to offer them and I've put out a few enquiries to suppliers but no responses yet 😬

As a bonus question - do the rails (if available!) get in the way of the sunroof? 😎

Hope you can help!

For bikes I would recommend these. Will fit any car. I've use mine on two 991's, the wife's Evoque, my parents Kuga. I attach mine to my glass sunroof and have had no issues at 'moderate' speeds! 8)

Not sure if they can be used for other accessories as well.

https://www.seasucker.com/

Seems a better investment to me rather than buying a car specific solution! :thumb:

I second seasucker's.
I've used them *ahem* up to motorway speeds and they are rock solid. Have carried two bikes down to Cornwall and back with no issues.
They lack any security but are great otherwise.

weejimmy said:
For bikes I would recommend these. Will fit any car. I've use mine on two 991's, the wife's Evoque, my parents Kuga. I attach mine to my glass sunroof and have had no issues at 'moderate' speeds! 8)

Not sure if they can be used for other accessories as well.

https://www.seasucker.com/

Seems a better investment to me rather than buying a car specific solution! :thumb:

Thanks for the heads-up on Seasucker - I've never heard of them but look like a good plan-b!

I do prefer proper fitted ones though :)

The SS looks like something I can just keep in the back of the car just in case I guess!

Many thanks for the replies guys :)

Roof transport system

I'm starting to see more 992's with roof rails/bars/boxes but still can't find a system anywhere for the 992!

I did get some SS's and although they're ok I'd prefer a permanent setup!

See attached pic of a 992 with rails and box.

No response from Porsche Germany yet and Porsche UK say that there isn't one available?!

Anyone know where there are available for purchase?
[/img]

Attachments

• b2168ec5_e35d_430e_bb9a_0e65a3007af7_181.jpeg
    b2168ec5_e35d_430e_bb9a_0e65a3007af7_181.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 4,465

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back