Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Track Sl*g, Cat D, damage repaired or starship mileage GT3s

Cheburator said:
The infamous Polar Express was bought recently by a mate... He practically stole it. So yes, they are out there...

P. S. Now it is in Carara White :)

That'd be Carrara white ... :)
I enquired about it 3-4 years ago (IIRC), it'd been shunted 4 times in total (twice heavily, but repaired properly after each of those two shunts) and whilst it had some big number invoices for a lot of work with JZM, the mileage was high and the engine had never been opened up for any kind of refresh.
On that basis it'd need to be exceptionally cheap.

Slippydiff said:
Cheburator said:
The infamous Polar Express was bought recently by a mate... He practically stole it. So yes, they are out there...

I enquired about it 3-4 years ago (IIRC), it'd been shunted 4 times in total (twice heavily, but repaired properly after each of those two shunts) and whilst it had some big number invoices for a lot of work with JZM, the mileage was high and the engine had never been opened up for any kind of refresh.

It still made 403bhp at recent dyno session, it has a set of freshly rebuild Manthey's KW3, a brand new Manthey exhaust (not as noisy as mine), decent front Alcons, all the suspension is clonk and rattle free, the aircon works, it came with an extra set of Mk1 wheels on new Pilot Sport 4s, it looks good in white on its Mk2 wheels on decent Cup2s. What's not to like for £35k?! He bought it as he did not want to spank his 993RS replica (Jackal's old masterpiece) on track. It would never be a collectible. He already has a good E46 M3 track car, so the GT3 itch needed scratching. The White Express was a perfect match for him.

Cheburator said:
Slippydiff said:
Cheburator said:

It still made 403bhp at recent dyno session, it has a set of freshly rebuild Manthey's KW3, a brand new Manthey exhaust (not as noisy as mine), decent front Alcons, all the suspension is clonk and rattle free, the aircon works, it came with an extra set of Mk1 wheels on new Pilot Sport 4s, it looks good in white on its Mk2 wheels on decent Cup2s. What's not to like for £35k?! He bought it as he did not want to spank his 993RS replica (Jackal's old masterpiece) on track. It would never be a collectible. He already has a good E46 M3 track car, so the GT3 itch needed scratching. The White Express was a perfect match for him.

Good for him. It wasn't being advertised by Terry for £35K when I enquired about it 3-4 years ago. Go figure ...

Pip1968 said:
There is the red one (996 GT3 Mk II) which is much talked about on here. It used to belong to NLW73.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97326

As it appears and disappears regularly it might be worth a sensible offer.

Pip

It's back up for sale again talking to the guy who bought it from me.

It's on 80k , seen a few track days, had some new pads and discs and other bits and you could probably get it for £40k in this market

If you want the owners name and number then pm me

I had it checked by autolign who passed it with flying colours and great repairs to the front end

Went from cat d to inspected. More peace of mind really and it will always be on the register

Hence the price

NLW73 said:
Pip1968 said:
There is the red one (996 GT3 Mk II) which is much talked about on here. It used to belong to NLW73.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97326

As it appears and disappears regularly it might be worth a sensible offer.

Pip

It's back up for sale again talking to the guy who bought it from me.

It's on 80k , seen a few track days, had some new pads and discs and other bits and you could probably get it for £40k in this market

If you want the owners name and number then pm me

I had it checked by autolign who passed it with flying colours and great repairs to the front end

Went from cat d to inspected. More peace of mind really and it will always be on the register

Hence the price

Jeeeez he didn't keep that long, I really thought M, would hang on to that GT3

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back