Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

headlight adjustment for Europe trip

[/quote]
Sounds like a great road trip, I'm sure the Mini is a superb car, but don't do a Zingari!

If you have a Nationwide Flex Plus account (£13 per month) you may be covered. If not, apply for one quickly!

Actually, it was a comment by Zingari that put me on to the Mini Cooper S. I ended up with a used Mini with the 210hp chip and a bluetooth controlled noisy exhaust "for track days only".

I bank with Lloyds and they do a similar deal on their premium account. However, couldn't find the list of countries covered. Will recheck.

If Hungary is covered I'll take the 993, fix the headlights and get this thread back on topic.

Thanks, decgraham, for clarifying this question. I'm going to try to fix this tonight. I'm planning a trip to France in a few months, and I need to fix some things before, including the headlight beam. I read a very nice article about France on https://www.africanjacana.com/france/ and it made me want to go there even sooner, but with the Covid situation, the trip it's still under question. Have you ever been to France? Do you have any tips for someone like me, who's going for the first time there?

Have you ever been to France? Do you have any tips for someone like me, who's going for the first time there?

Just get in the car and go. Get lost -in France-, on purpose. Off the beaten track / motorway. You'll enjoy it tremendously on a 993.

PS: I didn't even bother with the lights. Got more thumbs up and smiles than ever before, even from gendarmes!

AndyD9 said:
Thanks, decgraham, for clarifying this question. I'm going to try to fix this tonight. I'm planning a trip to France in a few months, and I need to fix some things before, including the headlight beam. I read a very nice article about France on https://www.africanjacana.com/france/ and it made me want to go there even sooner, but with the Covid situation, the trip it's still under question. Have you ever been to France? Do you have any tips for someone like me, who's going for the first time there?

Head south and saviour the empty 'B' roads .... Just get frustrated/paranoid about their silly 50mph limits, the Gendarmes and radar traps.... and keep at the front of your mind that if you get caught going too quick it will cost you dearly.

Or just forget all about France and head for Spain..... driving nirvana and few speed traps in comparison and far far more lenient than the French if your stopped.

Enjoy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back