Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 over revs

bloogsjoe

Hi guys have just purchased my first ever Porsche after years with m3s and rs4s . Its a 2010 997 gen 2 turbo 35000 miles . I had it inspected by porsche and all came back great . This is the over rev report looks to good to be true but porsche say it matches with the rest of the data they recovered
Any comments would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 20190831_162500_146.jpg
    20190831_162500_146.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 6,221
It's a PDK? It's not at all likely to have any (significant) over revs, so not too good to be true. To be expected

PS - welcome to the forum

Unlikely to get over revs on PDK

Not sure if its PDK or manual but Porsche state you can't get over revs on a PDK / Tip .

Not going to argue over that though as i can think of ways it can happen.

A manual with those over revs is fine .. 1-3 is ok for a porsche warranty with 4-6 being the areas they would like more detail on .

If you have range 6 then your kinda into problems .

A few in range 1 and 2 is no problem at all .

It's normal to see ranges 1 and 2 on a PDK. Nothing to worry about.

Welcome. An amazing first porsche! Be interested in your initial thoughts and how it compares to the other cars you've owned.

Crack on, nothing to see here. :thumb:
Congrats on a great car

As stated, PDK tends to protect from over rev. There are ways it can happen but by and large, unlikely.
I don't consider RR reports Holy Grail. I've read about ignitions in range 4, 5 and even 6 but nothing in 3! Probably down to electrical noise and or cable screening.
Brilliant cars btw, you'll love it! Enjoy :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back