Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2C4S -> 996/997.1 GT3 ???

swilding said:
Thanks for the information guys.

Seems I better start the financial approval process with the wife!

And yes I need buckets and cage.
It's a good time to buy IMHO - if people are selling now they are doing so knowing the market is slow, so are on the back foot to an extent. It's a buyer's market.

Best fast-track the approval process! (i.e. beg forgiveness rather than permission.)

I am doing a similar move albeit from a 993 C4S. My first GT3 drives was a 996.2 and it was epic,the £35k cost to change is worth it for the engine alone!
My preference is the 997,but i will need to sell the 993 first and then start the hunt.
Good luck and keep us posted.

I'll add my view here as a GT3 owner for many years, yes imo a great car a lot more raw and mechanical that a C2. There not for everyone if your intended use is mainly road use then you will struggle to see why they are nearly double the price of a C2 as straight line performance isn't massively different and on a road you will struggle to explore the true grip a GT3 has. The noise rattling cage and harsh suspension make them challenging to drive long distance and on Uk B roads. There are a few that like that challenge there are a lot more who just don't get it.

If you intend to track the car there are very few cars that can match it, they really are special cars. Totally adjustable and reliable there aren't many cars that you drive 10hrs to ring, track for 2 days and then drive home without missing a beat. On track they come alive and you can exploit the difference between a standard 911 and a GT3. This is where imo Gt3 and RS belong and owning such a car without regular track use is really missing out on the whole GT experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back