Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Riviera & Gulf Blue GT3's & RS

Alastair911sc said:
does anyone know how many of these there are in the UK/Europe?

I found out there are 6 Riviera cars in the UK. Porsche GB or GMBH won't give out the numbers.

There are 4 RHD 997.2 GT3 CS Riviera cars in the UK. 2 x steel & 2 x PCCB. One of the latter was the press car. I have one of the former but the only one of the 4 with a colour coded cage.

Welcome Alastair,

Gorgeous car. Well done.
I'm not jealous at all. :mrgreen:

NXI20 said:
Alastair911sc said:
does anyone know how many of these there are in the UK/Europe?

I found out there are 6 Riviera cars in the UK. Porsche GB or GMBH won't give out the numbers.

There are 4 RHD 997.2 GT3 CS Riviera cars in the UK. 2 x steel & 2 x PCCB. One of the latter was the press car. I have one of the former but the only one of the 4 with a colour coded cage.

Thanks for that info! I know of 1 other Blue and black lettering RS in RHD but i don't think there were too many produced in Euro spec.

I saw a Riviera GT3 was recently for sale and commanded a bit of a premium over a similar Red or White car!

Attachments

• riviera_20_176.jpg
    riviera_20_176.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 4,754
Marky911 said:
Welcome Alastair,

Gorgeous car. Well done.
I'm not jealous at all. :mrgreen:

Thanks Marky, i've been a Porsche boy for quite a while but just happened upon this thread when doing a google search.

trying to find out as much as possible about the car and it's rarity. You may like my old 964RS and my Dad's RS 4 litre an PTS basalt black also :)

Attachments

• 964rs_and_997_rs_4_small_155.jpg
    964rs_and_997_rs_4_small_155.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 4,747
Alastair911sc said:
...You may like my old 964RS and my Dad's RS 4 litre an PTS basalt black also :)

MAY like it :?

Christ, that's made me require a trip to the little boy's room to clean up my sex wee :eek:

:worship:

:grin:

I agree though. What a pair. Everything about that 964 is perfection.
If I looked out my window and saw those two on my driveway I'd be one very content guy. 8)

Marky911 said:
:grin:

I agree though. What a pair. Everything about that 964 is perfection.
If I looked out my window and saw those two on my driveway I'd be one very content guy. 8)

I was very contented however, a new house purchase forced my hand a little. I had a long term plan of getting a 991 gt3 touring to go with the 964rs. I am not complaining with what i have now though :)

I think it's a balance of the two :)

Re: Riviera RS on its way to the UK

Alastair911sc said:
I see i'm not the only one obsessed with Riviera blue on an RS!

I've just bought this after selling my midnight blue 964RS. The car should be arriving early August, can't wait!

It's a fully loaded euro spec car, Riviera with Red decals :)

That is a stunning car ! Where are you importing it from. Which red are the wheels/accents ?

I read somewhere quite a while ago that there were several Riviera and Gulf Orange 997.2 GT 3 RS cars delivered in the US...all specced by Porsche. Sharkwerks had one as their demo cars for a few year.

Re: Riviera RS on its way to the UK

Cheib said:
Alastair911sc said:
I see i'm not the only one obsessed with Riviera blue on an RS!

I've just bought this after selling my midnight blue 964RS. The car should be arriving early August, can't wait!

It's a fully loaded euro spec car, Riviera with Red decals :)

That is a stunning car ! Where are you importing it from. Which red are the wheels/accents ?

I read somewhere quite a while ago that there were several Riviera and Gulf Orange 997.2 GT 3 RS cars delivered in the US...all specced by Porsche. Sharkwerks had one as their demo cars for a few year.

Thanks, as far as i'm aware there were 6 Rivieras sent to the US. Globally i believe the US received the majority of the PTS cars.

Conservatively there may be another 6-10 cars but i can't say for certain. Whatever there aren't many.

The Sharkwerks guys still have their Riviera car, very nice with some amazing mods!

My car is a ROW spec car, coming from the middle east. It should stand-out a little from most cars with the Riviera blue and the guards red accents!

Al

Attachments

• 4a58bbf4_4c7b_4e76_8b83_d93f2a37a850_173.jpeg
    4a58bbf4_4c7b_4e76_8b83_d93f2a37a850_173.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 4,383
Roro said:
rottenbend said:
Rivi blue gets my vote :thumb: Next question: stripes or no stripes and if so what colour :?:

I'm actually thinking the 'pure' look as plucked out originally by Mr. GT4 :)

Although if I were to leave my wheels black then that would open the way for black "GT3" doors stickers & stripes :?:

2455998996_ce0eb12cf5_o.jpg

Love this shot

Late to the party, but i was also interested in numbers too for my car. My understanding is there isn't a way to find out how many 991.1 GT3 in riviera blue numbers, which is a little bit annoying.

How did I get mine car? I sold my 997 GTS in December last year, and decided I want a 991.1 GT3(perfect world in Rivieria Blue). By pure luck one was up for sale, which I reached on this forum and met up with the owner to view the car. Have to say it was everything I wanted and more, spec/mileage/no of owners/year, so it was a no brain and agree a price. Since collecting it in the middle of February this year I can't seem to get out of it, such a special car drive/looks etc. I have now put over a additional 2k smiling miles, and in the next month I taking it to italy for a driving hols with my mates.

I do feel very luck to have one, what is even cooler my 2 of mates own the same colour car in the RS in 997.2 & 991.1.

Just had mine wrapped. It is Matt blue and orange, as I like the 917

Attachments

• jpeg_image_777.jpeg
    jpeg_image_777.jpeg
    915.3 KB · Views: 4,034
This has to be the ultimate for me

Attachments

• screen_shot_2019_08_28_at_93637_pm_115.png
    screen_shot_2019_08_28_at_93637_pm_115.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,905
arthouse said:
This has to be the ultimate for me

I liked the RS, but wanted something more useable (currently have one daughter across the back on cushions and the other in the front with the dog....everyday car). So far, great comments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back