Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help identify if mods are yay or nay

kempus

Trainee
Hello

I'm currently Porsche-less having sold my 991 C2S a few weeks ago. I've absolutely no idea what to get next and have toyed with the idea of air cooled or GT car.

Now they are both completely different cars but I have an itch for both. I'm not much of a track guy mainly due to fear of binning it as the cars talent exceeds mine but I do like modified air cooled cars of which I've found one but know little about the mods and if they are good or not.

Here's what's listed in the advert:

Full window out repaint (original color - slate grey)
New clutch SACHS
New Bilstein B6 suspension
New battery
New H&R sway and strut bars
Full dynamat sound proofing
Headlights re chromed
Sound system upgraded but original look
AC been overhauled including a new upgraded control unit (CCU)
All fuel lines, filters , pump, idle valve, pressure regulator changed, engine gaskets, all fluids
New brakes (rotor and pads) w/ braided lines (calipers have been sandblasted and powder coated red)
Fabspeed performance package, exhaust w/ air box cup carbon style and chip tuned by Steve Wong
New set of rims (BBS Motorsport & tyres Pirelli)

The interior of the car does need attention as its original although the dash and parcel self have already been re leathered but the seats look very tired but not split. Carpets are also showing age.

Car is priced in the high £50's which is still 20K cheaper than the GT3 I've been looking at.

Cheers

Great list of bits!

Suspension, clutch, lines, CCU, caliper refurb with lines, they are all bits that go and what I call "boring spend outs", so to have a car with all of that done will give years of no hassle. All the other stuff is a bonus to have.

Sounds like the mods have been done well and should be a really good driver's car. Interior could just need a bit of TLC rather than a full re-trim...it's amazing what some leather food and snow grease can achieve.

They are massively different cars .. by a huge margin .. i'm no expert but i'm told the air cooled is more of an old school drivers car .

991 and it's a totally modern car that does a lot of the work behind the scenes to help you keep it on the road .

Early cars and your on your own .

The work list is impressive but on these cars .. oil leaks and a compression check is a must before buying .

A full on engine rebuild is not cheap shall we say .

I can recommend colourlock for the seats and door cards. I did my interior recently and it takes a lot of layers if you are back to leather but does make it look much better and not expensive just time consuming. They also colour matched the colour for my interior by hand as linen has quite a few variations apparently and they didnt charge any extra for that. I paid a out £90 inc steering wheel refurb kit and leather cleaner and protector.

At high 50's I'd be tempted to push the budget a bit more and get a 996 GT3 - in fact you could probably get something for similar money. Those list of mods don't look particularly large to me.

You say your not of a track guy, then go aircooled, also bear in mind what a dealer said to me, if someone tells you a 996 gt3 as never been tracked then take it with a pinch of salt.
So do you mind a car that's been tracked ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back