Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 992 lasted 15 minutes!

BTJ said:
Brief update.....still waiting for replacement part, managed to get hold of the Porsche UK, MD's e-mail address. I mailed him with my problem, he just forwarded it to customer services with no comment. Customer services are still sorry that I feel let down.
OPC has given me a C4S coupe until mine is ready, in for a penny!

That strikes me as really shite, I would give it them back, & maybe wait for a new one with the loan car. Appreciate if your in a finance agrremment makes it difficult, but wow that's crap :pc:

BTJ said:
Brief update.....still waiting for replacement part, managed to get hold of the Porsche UK, MD's e-mail address. I mailed him with my problem, he just forwarded it to customer services with no comment. Customer services are still sorry that I feel let down.
OPC has given me a C4S coupe until mine is ready, in for a penny!

OK -that's not so bad and it'll provide an incentive for the dealer and customer services to get your car fixed as fast as possible. But it shouldn't have gone wrong in the first place ..... Of course if it goes wrong again .....

Doesn't say much for the MD though, you'd at least expect him or one of his senior management team to come back to you personally. But then look how they treat enthusiasts who genuinely want an RS, GT4, Spyder etc? It's only about the money and they have become complacent and it appears the customer is not always right.
While they produce very exciting cars, I reckon that the main reason McLaren still exist (despite their quality problems), is the attitude of Ferrari and Porsche. They've driven buyers to them!

After reading this and similar threads, I'll be giving the 992 a wide berth for the foreseeable future. I'm also wondering whether being an early adopter for the Taycan is going to be a good idea.............. :dont know:

It's a tricky one, as with complex tech, it's always a risk. I wouldn't draw any wide sweeping conclusions, mine was one of the first in the country and I've done thousands of miles in the last 5 months or so without any issue.

Hope you get sorted soon.

OP. It might be worth contacting the Motoring Ombudsman...their are commitments that manufacturers make in terms of parts availability and dispute resolution which it sounds like Porsche GB are in breach of. I'd get in touch with them and see what they say, I don't think Porsche GB's attitude of zero clarity can in any way be seen as acceptable!

I'd think you have very good grounds to reject the car...which I think I'd be pursuing. Sales Exec told me he wouldn't buy any Porsche within the first six months of launch...they've had problems with every recently launched car.

https://www.themotorombudsman.org/motor-ombudsman/consumers/our-codes-of-practice/new-car-code

992 niggles

First post on this forum.

Purchased a 992S Cab on July 1 but have experienced a few niggles in the first month of ownership. Some have been mentioned here but i will add a few -;

1. Rattle from driver door, believe it to be the window
2. Manual button light, comes on intermittently when engaged
3. Slight ticking noise when driving
4. Spoiler not retracting after turning ignition off and exiting car, windscreen wipers also stuck in on position
5. Wind deflector, have to press button 2 or 3 times to engage
6. Back windows not closing when cab lid closes. Have fixed this now by resetting each window.

I have advised the dealer and he has confirmed most of the issues have been experienced by other 992 owners. I will compain to Porsche MD Reading but also to Germany if the PSC can't fix the problems. Looks to be electronic gremlins but they can be the worst to fix.

I've had other cars, the GT2, 996 Turbo and 997 Turbo and i prefer this one on the road, the handling and management of the car is great. A little jittery sometimes in second gear but first impressions as a drivers car are great, just hope they sort the niggles.

Re: 992 niggles

Xclusive said:
2. Manual button light, comes on intermittently when engaged

well tell Reading that your manual button light thing does do it on another car..one sold in their Guildford branch. June 4S Coupe
also the light on the P switch sometimes does not come on at all when engaged ( but goes into P )

Dash Rattle ( very elusive)
Rear passenger side rattle/ creaks ( quite elusive )

They are pretty good at ignoring ordinary people who throw down 112K cash on their 1st Porsche . I have not bothered chasing up hard as I'll just wait for the bad weather . Bought a Ford last year new for cash also, and they jumped on niggles at the 1st time of asking...oh and of course they fixed them without any "doubts"

Read this today :nooo:

What Car reliability

1 Lexus 99.3%
2 Toyota 97.7%
3 Suzuki 97.3%
4 Tesla 96.9%
5 Subaru 96.6%
6 Kia 96.3%
7 Hyundai 95.7%
8 Mini 95.4%
9 Skoda 95.2%
10 Honda 94.9%
11 Volvo 94.7%
12 Dacia 94.5%
13 Mitsubishi 94.3%
14 Ford 94.1%
15 Seat 93.8%
16 Volkswagen 93.7%
17 Mazda 93.5%
18 Peugeot 93.4%
19 Fiat 93.3%
20 Audi 92.9%
21 BMW 92.1%
22 Citroà«n 91.8%
23 Porsche 91.7%
24 Mercedes-Benz 90.6%
25 Alfa Romeo 89.7%
26 Jaguar 89.5%
27 Vauxhall 89.4%
28 Nissan 85.7%
29 Jeep 84.4%
30 Renault 84.2%
31 Land Rover 81.3%

Only 2 European manufacturers in the top 10 :eek:

Ford better than Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Volkswagen :dont know:

Niggles

PBM,

Forgot the P button. I do have creaks and rattles but i'm putting that down to the Cab. Car is in PSC later this month to try and resolve issues. If not sorted, i will make a fuss.

I had a defective Merc CLS after many yeras of happy Mercedes ownership. I wrote to Simon Oldfield the Daimler MD who acknowledged gearbox issues with the 7 speed box and changed the car within 4 weeks. He was great to deal with and i've had 5 Mercs and the Brooklands Weybridge service is impeccable.

Niggles

Drove in today and none of the issues i've experienced were evident, only a slight rattle from drivers window over bumps mainly. M button working, sun roof deflector working with 1 press, no spoiler locking in position and drove like a dream. Nothing as queer as electronics or cars. If it performed like today, i'd be a very happy man and the little rattle will be sorted. I'm sure just initial teething problems and they'll ger them sorted.

How did you get them to give you a 992/macan coupe/panamera? was this from the dealership?

When I went through breakdown, they offered me a 3/4 series and said thats the only premium option we can provide :frustrated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back