Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What should I buy with my budget?

997 GTS or 991.1 GTS

I don't think other either will depreciate other than the adjustment for the miles you add. If you buy sub 20k mile cars (I would) and 5000 miles per year you'll lose virtually nothing other than service, other running, and Insurance costs.

Same with yellow C4S SB. Can't see it losing much if anything. The na cars so much more character they will be sought after especially in special colours, or with PCCB, or power which I think yours has all three of so absolutely hit the jackpot if it was bought right.

Doesn't matter about the market cars with unique x factor always sell fast and retain value.

There's a beautiful GTS at Stirlings and a lovely GTS 4 at 911 Virgin. Take your pick - can't go wrong - Stirling car needs to be £5k cheaper but he knows he has a unicorn in terms of probably best condition in country. 911 Virgins cars always clean too - both these indies sell with OPC warranty all the time :D

A lot of good advice & info which has taken me to start looking at cars I'd not even considered. I'm still soaking up all the info. Thank you

12th October, that made me smile, as the date that I will be able to decide my budget will be 14th October, I may even be able to increase it. My hurdle is the wife, she is adamant that I'm not having a 911, I'm adamant that I am :lol: I hope to be ordering a Macan S in the near future, once we've done that, I will work on her. We'll see. Watch this space.

I have just upgraded from a 997.1S to a 991.1S and it is a thoroughly entertaining bit of kit! IMHO if you buy a well spec'd model at a good price, you really shouldn't lose a great deal in depreciation.

I spotted this car today, which on the face of it is great value!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908141155154

Good luck with your purchase :thumbs:

220e said:
12th October, that made me smile, as the date that I will be able to decide my budget will be 14th October, I may even be able to increase it. My hurdle is the wife, she is adamant that I'm not having a 911,

There you go, it's fate. :thumb:

I can help with the hurdle too. My car is being professionally detailed the week before and will look like this. Show your missus these pics and she'll be won over.

From my experience ...... women generally don't like red cars ....... heaven knows why ........ :?: :dont know:

Terry's car is a cracker ...... :) :thumb:

madalaa said:
From my experience ...... women generally don't like red cars ....... heaven knows why ........ :?: :dont know:

Over the last 4 years I've found exactly the opposite. Perhaps it's not the car. :grin:

History shows us that Turbo & GT cars are best at holding and eventually appreciating in value.

991 Carreras will continue to fall, 997 Turbo would be good bet if you actually want to use the car, GT3 if you do not, purely based on residuals.

Granted neither of the above appear to be selling particularly well at the moment, however I do not see the prices softening significantly either!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back