Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2011 987-2 Boxster Black Edition

jonttt said:
FZP said:
Look what I saw on the weekend :grin:

And a very nice chap from PCGB he is too :thumb:

I sold it too cheap :bandit:

Be funny when it appears on e bay for twice the price :grin:

So I decided to get the carbon insert which does not come with the OEM Carbon centre console.......this is not OEM and is extortionate but had to be done......

without.....

qxUUZQE.jpg

with.....

6t17J3T.jpg

I generally think you can do no wrong, Sir. Alas, the weave on the new insert doesn't match the 3k weave on the console. At first I was unsure it was the real deal, but where it folds down into the handbrake it appears to be real CF.

Jury still out on planet 986 where CF doesn't even exist :judge:

Yep That was the major consideration before I ordered it. It does not look as different in the flesh but I'm undecided. I can return for a full refund under my statutory rights for distance selling even though there is nothing actually wrong with the part so will decide this week. The option is to paint the OEM part gloss black to match the existing gloss black trim which was standard on the black edition :dont know:

Tough one, all that 3k weave looks fantastic, as such makes that part seem out of place. You could probably get a custom part made up?

Whilst waving a Colini stick over Zingers new car today, btw you can bet he's done his dough as he paid more than 25 bags for the GT4, we both agreed that you are the Carbon King
Perhaps you should have hunted down a C6 JTT number plate :?: :floor:
I look forward to waiving the Colini stick over it as he's lent it to me whilst on the continent zooming around The Alps

Yeah he's got quite a bit hasn't he... in terms of percentage, he's lagging behind though. I have a mode of transport where over 90% of it is CF :)

Treadlies don't count :hand:

FZP said:
Whilst waving a Colini stick over Zingers new car today, btw you can bet he's done his dough as he paid more than 25 bags for the GT4, we both agreed that you are the Carbon King
I look forward to waiving the Colini stick over it as he's lent it to me whilst on the continent zooming around The Alps

You mean he actually has the GT4, I thought it was CGI :dont know:

jonttt said:
Yep That was the major consideration before I ordered it. It does not look as different in the flesh but I'm undecided. I can return for a full refund under my statutory rights for distance selling even though there is nothing actually wrong with the part so will decide this week. The option is to paint the OEM part gloss black to match the existing gloss black trim which was standard on the black edition :dont know:

having lived with it over week end I'm returning it under my statutory rights (distance selling). I got the part from PorscheShop and its interesting reading their returns policy ie a reason needs to be given. Well no it does not under distance selling rights and those take precedent over any contract 😉 They alos say they have 30 days from receipt to process a refund after receipt and may charge restocking / admin fees. Again this is illegal as they have to refund within 14 days of receipt and they cannot deduct any fees other than I'm not entitled to recover postage costs either way.

I've started the process today so lets see how good they are. I always just a business by how good their customer service is, this one is pretty cut and dry from a statutory point of view but I've heard mixed reviews of PorscheShop so its the type of "adventure" I enjoy as I'm a professional arguer lol

If nothing else this should confirm to anyone else with the same quandry that the part is not a suitable match.

Thanks for the honest feedback, it made the decision to return easier 😉

jonttt said:
FZP said:

You mean he actually has the GT4, I thought it was CGI :dont know:
I can confirm the car exists. No CGI is required, but he donned the Rose Coloured Glasses for the strut tower collapse issue that we've seen. I hope he doesn't run over a stuck on his drive through the alps as this may set it off :grin:

Fair play, jonttt, I could ask my mate if he'd make you one up in 3k if you want? Unlikely but I can try, he said he might be tempted to make me CF doorcards for the 986.

He has the skills, just don't ever see many of this ideas/offers realised. He professionally fixes broken CF bikes etc.

jonttt said:
I'm returning it under my statutory rights (distance selling). I got the part from PorscheShop and its interesting reading their returns policy ie a reason needs to be given. Well no it does not under distance selling rights and those take precedent over any contract

I have just had a similar experience with a dealership. I paid a deposit by telephone, then changed my mind when I found out more details about the car's options. They initially refused to return my deposit. I reminded them about the law and to be fair they refunded me in full, but were not happy about it. I suspect a lot of distance sellers believe they can override legislation; err no your T&C's can't trump the law I'm afraid.

I do think that piece of carbon looked wrong against the other (very smart) parts by the way.

Think you made the right decision returning it, saw it on the boxa.net thread I thought it looked better without it. Gloss black will work

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back