Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracker

-ollie-

Hi All,

I need to fit a Thatcham Quality Assured Category S5 or 5 Vehicle Tracking System to my 911 for my insurer.

It is a 997 GT3 and has the original OEM system installed (currently dormant), but the reviews on it look rubbish, and I'm not certain it meets the above standard.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

If it doesn't, can anyone recommend a Midlands installer who can be trusted to install a new system carefully? I don't trust many people with the car, and the thought of someone pulling panels off to hide a tracker fills me with dread!

Cheers

Ollie

Surprised Insurance companies are still insisting on trackers. Most cars/bikes/plant are having the trackers blocked including RF hence the high disappearance of prestige vehicles. I have one of these devices (legal to own) and its scary as to what mischief you can do. PS: I work in Risk Management lol - Not a crook.

deMort said:
Could you PM me a little info on RF blockers or a link please .. i like to learn what i can .. i'm also not a crook :D

Sent

Yep, I've got one, I use it on the train when traveling in and out of London up the east coast main line !!!! I'm not sure what's worse...... Listening to everyone talk rubbish on their phones or listening to everyone moan about their service providers :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back