Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

The prototype tappet chest was mostly deburred. Mostly...

As always it pays to check what you have delivered. If you fit it to your engine it is your responsibility.

MC

I have done a better video on the rev counter mods:

And also one on the coolant gauge correction and oil temperature reading

MC

I have started on the interior retrim.

I won't be fitting rear seats so haven't done the cutout for the belts. The muppet skin went on OK, a couple of the tight curved are not quite right, but pretty happy with them overall.

MC

Hat off as always MC,

What is 'muppet skin'? I thought it would be green!

911munKy said:
Hat off as always MC,

What is 'muppet skin'? I thought it would be green!

Alcantara, probably available in green. I bought 2m of it but will definately need more, probably another 2m. It is about £75 a metre but nice stuff. I have cut the parts for the rear door cards and instrument binnacle but they need sewing first.
I stripped and retrimmed one of each interior partto see if it worked, so I need to do the other half now. Leaving the dashboard until last....

Mc

Thanks, what type of glue do you use?
Any tips to do this as I'd like to tweak my interior, maybe videos that you found useful that you could point me too?

👍

My plan was to have a go at one half first, then if it works make a video for the second set, when I have a clue what I am doing :D
I'll post details of the glue later and a video when I do the second half .

MC

Thanks to KurlyKris the brake brackets have arrived. Some comoarison shots of the 6 piston modified Cayenne calipers for 350mm disks and the 997 GT3 calipers fir 380mm disks. Both set up to mount on 996 C2 front uprights.

This is the spray adhesive I used for the interior trim.

MC

Minimalist instruments ready for a road test in my C2. I will put them together properly when I have sorted out the two blank warning light transparencies.
The cables on the back are for CAN interface, RS232 output, and a debug header in case I want to run it on the debugger whilst it is in the car. In the final version the debug header will be removed and the other two combined on a connector coming out of the back panel in the centre.

Rapid prototype has been ordered for this. Although we have already decided to change one important aspect of the design. At least I will be able to check the dimensions on the gears and the engine.

MC

I need to chose the colour soon, I was set on Viola Metallic, but having seen a photo of a Rubystone car today I am having second thougts.

I will probably get a sample of both and go from there. Any thoughts/opinions/other ideas?

MC

Viola Metallic :cloud9: :thumbs:

Viola with black wheels looks mean yet classy, not the PINK one please :what:
As ever an awesome project and skills MC :thumb:

Just make sure you do the floral inserts as discussed on Sat night

FZP said:
Just make sure you do the floral inserts as discussed on Sat night

Don't worry, I'm on the case.....

MC

Sorry, but I really like the Rubystone - very different :coat:

New Threads

Forum statistics