Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Query re Rear brake pads and AV dampers.

T8

Super Moderator
My car needs new rear brake pads but whilst researching prices etc I've come across an item called 'Anti Vibration Dampers'.

Is it necessary or advisable to replace the AV dampers at the same time as having new pads fitted :?:

Needless to say I won't be doing the job myself but I'm curious as to how long a job it would be if done by someone who knows what they're doing.

With thanks in anticipation.

Under 2 hours.

Hello Terry

From memory there are 8 needed on the rear axle, 2 per pad on my C2S, not 100% on the turbo. They're just a couple of quid each, so worth doing for peace of mind alone.
There are 2 sizes iirc. Don't forget you'll need wear sensors x 2 as well. Again, not expensive.
No more than 1 or 1.5 hours labour plus parts and vat I'd say.

I would assume they are the pad locating plates .. double sided tape on a plate that locates inside the caliper pistons ..

If so then they would be replaced as standard when ever replacing the pads .

Discs and pads replacement is 1.5 - 1.6 hrs depending on model and front or rear .

Exactly.......a couple of quid each :grin:

Thanks all.

4 dampers for the rear = £80.26 (incl VAT) from Design 911, i.e dearer than the Brembo pads I've already bought !!

Re-reading some old threads and the advice above suggests they should be done. I can get the sensors for c£22 so will get them done too.

£45.25 delivered from carpartsforless.com.....

use code MID20 for 20% discount

:thumb:

You wont need new sensors, the old ones come out easily without damage

Attachments

• snip_172.jpg
    snip_172.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,094

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member