Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freddie44's / London Classica - 997.1 GT3 CS running report

EDIT: Ordered some Cup2's :thumb:

Does anyone know if one of our usual online tyre places delivers in France?
Hard work finding a phone number for these places.

Last weekend it was that time again, time for the bittersweet end of summer return leg home from Nice to London.

Taking in the Circuit des Ramparts vintage race weekender in Angouleme middway home made for another brilliant time as we ended in London 1100 sMiles later on Monday night.

First stop new tyres....

Love seeing these off the car. Huge!

Strong British contingent this year...

4 super-dooper squashed Beetles...

My Christmas...... sorry... my son's Christmas present sorted...!

Friends new toy...

7am Monday morning and home time.

HSC911 said:
freddie44 said:
Friends new toy...
[/size]

What's with the random pair of trainers :?:

:grin:

Didn't you know, Mclaren drivers don't bother with shoes! :dont know: :)

Few more pictures from the pits at the Angouleme race weekender.
Really recommended this weekend if a proper Car Geek.

Etype 4.2...

Rustic..

Brilliant photos. :thumbs:

Looks like a great event.
Oh and I'm loving the RC martini 911. 8)

Its been a while since I posted - thought I'd share the 60k miles of smiles we hit last week.

Feels nearly run in now.. what an engine the Mezger is - so strong.. mind blowing fizz.

Come to think - and esp with the X pipe fitted - its as close to the motorbike thrill as a car can get. So noisy so responsive.

New clutch soon (and possibly SMF)

Hope everyone is keeping happy and healthy in these strange times :thumb:

XKLE9090.jpg

TKKH5611.jpg

HNGT9138.jpg

Yes, keeping well and happily through another MOT!

Interesting you went the X-pipe route. Just fitted a JCR titanium side silencer delete to mine:

KYzizNoH.jpg

D1Vc7hsF.jpg

As you say, 60k miles is nothing to a Mezger. I took my old 996 Turbo way past that and it was running sweet as. Gearbox needed a rebuild mind, but that's often the case with that amount of torque!

Diggermeister said:

Interesting you went the X-pipe route. Just fitted a JCR titanium side silencer delete to mine:

KYzizNoH.jpg

!

Hi Digga, hows the noise on that set up?

Senoj said:
Diggermeister said:

KYzizNoH.jpg

!

Hi mate. In a word: perfect.

I did talk to Tim Harvey about his JCR setup (the actual parts are the same for both 997 and 991 platforms, funnily enough) at the PCGB Silverstone track day and he reassured me it would be okay on noise levels for most circuits/track days. Which was my only concern.

It's louder with valves shut, for sure, and only very slightly louder valves open. However, the quality of the sound is far, far better. It's not just an improvement WOT, but really is nicer IMHO low speed bumbling around the roads too.

The OEm side silencers really are heavy brutes too. Removing all that weight, from that far back and that far out from the chassis centerline cannot but improve handling.

Do you have any idea what the DB readings are with the valves open and closed? Interested to see if it will get near a 98db track limit. Thanks.

Diggermeister said:
Senoj said:
Diggermeister said:

KYzizNoH.jpg

!

I did talk to Tim Harvey about his JCR setup (the actual parts are the same for both 997 and 991 platforms, funnily enough) at the PCGB Silverstone track day and he reassured me it would be okay on noise levels for most circuits/track days. Which was my only concern.

It's louder with valves shut, for sure, and only very slightly louder valves open. However, the quality of the sound is far, far better. It's not just an improvement WOT, but really is nicer IMHO low speed bumbling around the roads too.

The OEm side silencers really are heavy brutes too. Removing all that weight, from that far back and that far out from the chassis centerline cannot but improve handling.

That looks and sounds :what: superb

Good its not too loud for TD's.. Xpipe def is but I get to start the day ok and impossible to take off now with that sound.

Thanks for this tip :thumb:

freddie44 said:
Diggermeister said:
Senoj said:
Diggermeister said:

KYzizNoH.jpg

!

That looks and sounds :what: superb

Good its not too loud for TD's.. Xpipe def is but I get to start the day ok and impossible to take off now with that sound.

Thanks for this tip :thumb:
Some good videos on RPM Technik's YouTube channel. Jonny Cocker of JCR's explanation of his exhaust options is here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RRiM4nc6bY&t=21s

Very interesting cheers Digga

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back