Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A clutch fork in the road

pietrzj

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi,

I am after any advice on methods to re-assemble a Clutch - specifically how best to get the clutch release fork shaft inserted. The options seem to be

1 - With both needle bearings pre-attched to the shaft
2 - with one needle bearing (the far side) inserted in the casing

My confusion is that for 1, would you not have to press the far side bearng through the opening of the nearside bearing and I don't know if that is easy (same diameter for both bearings?) or whether that would be tricky

Both methods are on a single Rennline thread, but I would like so other sources of information to help me to decide.

The Bently manual says (after mating the gearbox with the engine): "install clutch release fork shaft with new seals into transmission."

So not enough detail.

Can anyone help?

160 people have read your post and so far no-one has replied!

I suggest you post your question the 993 section at Rennlist.com. A search has several threads on this - some recommend dropping the engine...

Engine was out when I did mine and I just cant remember other than it was tricky and with the engine in situ it must be a real pain single handed.

Yeh I also performed this whilst the engine and box were out of the car.

Think I remember it being straight forward, pretty sure I went with option 2.

noXVyN2.jpg

Trev

Thanks Guys. I am going with Option 2 (well thats what I am going to specify to my local garage).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back