Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new service book

I'm sure I paid £40 for mine a couple of years ago. Ran out of space in the original as there is not enough space if you are doing a yearly revive and want the stamps.

Service Book

Porsche Brooklands managed to get one for me recently but it was on back order for about nine or ten months.

Porsche Silverstone sourced one for me about a year ago, took about a week to arrive and cost was about £12

Just check they get you the right one .... OPC Tewkesbury got mine and it is the correct one for the early cars ..... later cars the service book changed. They generally just tap the VIN into the computer which should sort it.

As mine is an early one it shows servicing schedule for the 964 (kid you not) and the replacement was thankfully the same. I waited around 12 months for it and the OPC didn't charge me for it either..... result

possible for the OPC to stamp our books according to the history in their computer?

Has anyone has this done?

Cheers

bellcarl said:
I can't understand what really you are asking. You have questions about Porsche service books or what. Be more clear mate, people can't understand you.

It seemed pretty clear to me what adrian993 was asking.

Whatever, please be advised that we don't speak to each other like that on 911uk. :cop:

bellcarl said:
I can't understand what really you are asking. You have questions about Porsche service books or what. Be more clear mate, people can't understand you.

How ironic :grin:

Just paid £78.00 for a wafer thin flimsy little book with uninspiring content...............

60............plus vat plus delivery.....

Must be lockdown syndrome.........

Just ordered a Service and maintenance record book from Porsche Centre Silverstone as mine only has space for one more dealer stamp , cost is £5.50 and would take one week to arrive

simonkay1 said:
Just ordered a Service and maintenance record book from Porsche Centre Silverstone as mine only has space for one more dealer stamp , cost is £5.50 and would take one week to arrive

How did I get it so wrong................... :sad:

Brisket. What a price difference! I need one after my forthcoming service so will do some digging around and report back. Design911 have them...for £60 which just about takes the proverbial in my view.

pierrebear said:
Brisket. What a price difference! I need one after my forthcoming service so will do some digging around and report back. Design911 have them...for £60 which just about takes the proverbial in my view.

That's where I got mine from...........they are usually pretty good for prices and they have been my go to for many years, really surprised to see Simon's post, I may phone them and have a moan 78.00 inc delivery and VAT, making some bad lockdown decisions..........turned down a job in Slovenia too........definitely losing it!!

Here is photo of invoice for £5.56. I have found Porsche Silverstone to always be fair with their prices and they are really helpful guys there if you need any advice.

Attachments

• image_05_05_2021_at_1457_519.jpg
    image_05_05_2021_at_1457_519.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 3,646
I don't suppose you have a slightly higher res scan of that Simon, wouldn't mind having the details before I speak to Type 911 about an overcharge.

I must say I haven't been able to find a 993 service book for some time so really surprised that Silverstone are so cheap

That's not for a 996 model is it?

Ash

Hi Ash

Unfortunately the site won't let me send a higher res pic, but if you pm me your email address I can send you a better copy.

The book I asked for was for a 996, however, I think it is generic and will be ok for all models, not just 996. Photo shows my old book and the new one.

It might be worth calling Porsche Silverstone if you need a 993 book specifically.

Cheers
Simon

Attachments

• 8613314c_a9f2_4caa_b010_ed3f21811873_4_5005_c_209.jpeg
    8613314c_a9f2_4caa_b010_ed3f21811873_4_5005_c_209.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3,567

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back