Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSM issue - heat related?

rob_p

Suzuka
Hi all,
I was heading up north on Wednesday afternoon and about 10mins into my journey I was cruising on the M1 at around 70 and the dash flag up a warning that the PSM was no longer available and that I should proceed with caution.
This warning stayed on through my 2 hour journey.
On way way home at around 8pm the warning had cleared and PSM now seems to be back to normal - I can turn it on and off.

Wednesday was hot and the car was sit in the car park at work - could the heat have been an issue?
Anyone else sufferred anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

logically then no .. these cars work fine in far hotter climates .

If you have no present fault then i would suggest just monitor it for now .

There should be a fault code logged for this event though should you have a code reader .

i would guess at a wheel speed sensor .

deMort said:
logically then no .. these cars work fine in far hotter climates .

If you have no present fault then i would suggest just monitor it for now .

There should be a fault code logged for this event though should you have a code reader .

i would guess at a wheel speed sensor .

Thanks. I have a warranty until October so I'll get it booked in for someone to take a look at it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back