Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zunsport grille and Porsche warranty

deMort said:
The Ruling from Porsche was and i expect still is that ..

No Third party items can be fitted and passed on a 111 point check .

Its a blanket rule to stop any confusion from different OPC,s thinking this part is ok whilst that part isn't .

NO third party items period is what Porsche means .

it's not right but rather like the Mot rules .. there are no grey areas ( so we are told ) its all black and white !

Still can't workout why Porsche don't provide grilles for protecting rads?
Doesn't make sense.

I think they do on some of the newer cars as it makes total sense .. but this is one of the stupid retrofit items that falls under a blanket rule .. if it's not a Porsche fitted item .. ie third party then its a fail .

My feeling ... Porsche has to say No third party items period as the mechanics are not trusted with making a sensible opinion of what should be allowed and what shouldn't ...

There is also the matter of Porsche paying to have a third party item replaced under warranty which they HAVE NOT supplied or made any profit on , on a new car... on this point i totally agree with them ... why should they , they warenty their parts .. not a third parties items .

A pass but the item is not covered would be a better alternative perhaps as long as it in no way can affect the car and cause issues .. but we are back at a blanket rule to be safe as this is impossible to say or monitor ..

A no win situation i feel .

ie my zunsport grills are corroded .. i want Porsche to pay for replacements ... hmm ..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back