Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 992 lasted 15 minutes!

Hmmmmm, a problem for the future by the sounds of it! I wonder how much that dash will be after the warranty expires :nooo :eek:

I know they must shoulder some of the blame as they obviously didn't check the car before handover, but I find it hard to place the blame on the OPC. They've kept me informed & mobile and offered to take the car back (which may still happen). My real issue is with Porsche UK's customer service and their complete lack of action or interest.

I'd be giving it back and "maybe" ordering another

Poor service. Parts must be available as the factory is shut in July so they could use some from stock :dont know:

Do you get a GT loaner if you have had 4 cars you don't want? Just wondering if it's the same as buying one.. :coat:

Hope gets sorted soon...

baldguy said:

I would, and may yet, but being quoted 6-8 month lead time. I traded in my car for it so would have to find another quickly.

BTJ said:
I know they must shoulder some of the blame as they obviously didn't check the car before handover, but I find it hard to place the blame on the OPC. They've kept me informed & mobile and offered to take the car back (which may still happen). My real issue is with Porsche UK's customer service and their complete lack of action or interest.

I think perhaps complain further .. i couldn't find anything above Porsche UK .. i was hoping to find something head office Germany you could complain to but a link here listing 2 places you might want to contact ..

https://contact.porsche.com/uk/dialog/contactandinformation/contactandinformation-productproposal/

Porsche Complaints Procedure on this link ..
https://www.porsche.com/uk/dialog/contactandinformation/customerservices/

I could defend the OPC on delivering the car like this but i think i've said enough already as this sort of thing is not really why i come here but as always i offer and explanation when i can .

Customer service .. Porsche .. hmm

deMort said:
BTJ said:

I think perhaps complain further .. i couldn't find anything above Porsche UK .. i was hoping to find something head office Germany you could complain to but a link here listing 2 places you might want to contact ..

https://contact.porsche.com/uk/dialog/contactandinformation/contactandinformation-productproposal/

Porsche Complaints Procedure on this link ..
https://www.porsche.com/uk/dialog/contactandinformation/customerservices/

I could defend the OPC on delivering the car like this but i think i've said enough already as this sort of thing is not really why i come here but as always i offer and explanation when i can .

Customer service .. Porsche .. hmm

Thanks DeMort, appreciate your help.

I wrote to Porsche UK on Monday and still no reply, I'll try the links you've attached.

Thanks again!

Porsche dealers appear to be reverting back to the pre 2007 crash arrogance as hearing all sorts of negative things about warranties and waiting times.

Maybe VAG have too much to do with their mainstream products that Porsche is becoming the poor relation. :nooo:

new car gremlins

...and my petty gripes so far after 2500 miles ( June delivery) only add up to

The light on the M select button no longer working ( still goes into M )
The heated eats came on once at startup ( NO indication on console button which I turned on and off and seat went off . heated seat in 30C weather not amusing
and lastly so far , the most annoying and quite loud rattle from the driver side foot-well area when car is on road driving from cold. when warmed up never does it . me thinks that this is something in fuse-box area and quite possibly related to the above ( spurious speculation on my part)

Control system nonsense.....oh dear ..... :x

I have been wondering for a while when i would start seeing comments about problems with this model on here ..

The Grapevine informed me of issues with these a while back .. multiple issues im afraid .

Nothing i can say about repairs as i'm no longer in this area , if i was then i wouldn't be here .

My theory for whats its worth ..

The R&D wanted a delayed launch to iron out the niggles .. well .. problems .. the Accountants want a return on the investment .. the car was launched too early .

It's now a backtrack to sort the problems after launch .. new owners are now the test guinea pigs .

This isn't new .. all new models have issues but as this is one of the most complicated cars then there are more issues than previously .

is this different to any other brand ? i can't say ... its probably the same though .

for me .. i would be extremely disappointed at having spent a huge amount of money on something which had obvious problems so i understand your complaints ..

i can also see it from the point of the men on the ground who fix these issues .. they are also frustrated i expect .

my guess... 6 months till they iron out the issues .. sorry .

Just .. IMHO though .

I agree with deMort, models are launched before they should be, usually due to financial pressure. I work for a company that sells machinery of a much higher value than a 911, and those manufacturers are no better. We currently have a machine in the workshop, that hasn't a mechanical failure, but has been on fire due to a simple design oversight. The manufacturer is currently trying to redesign the effected area of the machine, but the customer has been without it for two weeks already (we have loaned the customer an identical machine). The customer has been kept informed all the way of any progress, and as such is very happy with my department (he's written a letter to my boss praising me), but he is looking to take legal action against the manufacturer of the machine.

BTJ said:
baldguy said:

I would, and may yet, but being quoted 6-8 month lead time. I traded in my car for it so would have to find another quickly.

As I'm planning to buy a new 992 at some point in the future, this is of some concern. I would definitely reject the car (and accept their offer) - but with a proviso of something to fill the gap? Perhaps they could sell you a 991 but put a guaranteed future value on it for when the 992 is ready?

Or you go and buy something else ..... Maybe an R8 that's well proven on the technology front and a non performance version must be close on price and performance (with an even better noise)? I gather there was some new stock floating round the system as recently as last month ....

BTJ said:
I collected my new 992 4S Cab on the 19th June, it lasted 15 minutes before the dash failed. I returned the car to the dealer the next day, almost 5 weeks later the car is still there with no news on replacement parts or repair. Dealer unable to help as Germany not responding with date for replacement part. Porsche UK customer services are laughable, their response was that cars malfunction, that's why they give a warranty.

YOU HAVE SPENT AROUND £100,000

:bandit: DEMAND FOR YOUR MONEY BACK - beyond belief they have treated you in such a shabby fashion. SOD THE LEAD TIMES - you are not a fool . insist - whatever the outcome Porsche UK at Reading suck

Might be worth noting that if you have used finance to buy the car then you may have redress through the finance co and the FCA. Also, if you used your credit card eg for the deposit, then your credit card company can be made jointly liable with the merchant under s75 of the consumer credit act. I've invoked the latter previously in a dispute with BMW over my old X5, the end result was I got my money back from AMEX and they then sued BMW to recover the amount they paid me

ETA - apologies, ignore the bit about s75 above, I just checked and it only applies up to a max goods value of £30k so is no good to the OP. I would pursue via the finance co if no luck with Porsche/ OPC (assuming it wasn't a cash purchase)

Brief update.....still waiting for replacement part, managed to get hold of the Porsche UK, MD's e-mail address. I mailed him with my problem, he just forwarded it to customer services with no comment. Customer services are still sorry that I feel let down.
OPC has given me a C4S coupe until mine is ready, in for a penny!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back