Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TinRobots 996 996 C4S

Looking good. 8)

The bills are a pain but if they're the worst ones you get for a while then that's a blessing really.

Enjoy the Classic. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Looking good. 8)

The bills are a pain but if they're the worst ones you get for a while then that's a blessing really.

Enjoy the Classic. :thumb:

Ta

TBH I don't really mind. Giving it a wash last night I was finding tiny things I would change and will inevitably do. Since ownership (nearly 4 years) I have now spent £14,849.69.

Some people spend that on a Nissan Juke on PCP so in grand scheme of things it isn't that big a deal is it?

Haven't updated this in ages, mainly because life has got in the way.

Recently changed the battery and er, that is about it.

I took it out for a run last week and had it serviced by Quorn Classics. Feels as tight as a nut and throwing it down a country road still brings a smile. I will miss it when it has gone.

Children are growing up and moving onto pastures new and we're increasingly experiencing new adventures. So the time has come I think to sell and so I have stuck an advert up on 911uk and see where it goes. Should I put it on Autotrader or Pistonheads as well?

So why sell?

Well I am in no hurry but a car like this deserves to be driven and I am simply not driving it enough. Since the last service it has done less than 1000 miles and that is criminal.

Next project? Likely a camper van so something very different. If I still have it at Christmas I will take it to Stuttgart again but I feel that it may sell before then. Who knows in this market?

...£29k ! That's Turbo money!!

Think you'll be very,very lucky to find a buyer in today's market at that price...

GMG said:
...£29k ! That's Turbo money!!

Think you'll be very,very lucky to find a buyer in today's market at that price...

But then a turbo is a very different car and I personally wouldn't be buying a sib 30k turbo unless I had a strong piggy bank.

You may be/ likely will be right.

I'm open to sensible offers but so much is being sold/offered (big difference I realise) at 23-25k and they need a load spending on them. The problem with 996s is they are considered a cheap 911 - so that makes it tricky to offer something that is better than most out there.

I think I am being optimistic tbh but hopefully someone who wants a great example and make a sensible offer - I just didn't want idiots offering low 20's because they saw one on ebay at £15k.

We will see. No rush to sell. I don't need the money.

INWB said:
Should I put it on Autotrader or Pistonheads as well?

I'd put it on PistonHeads and carandclassic. Personally I wouldn't bother with autotrader and eBay unless you're trying to sell something unexceptional, quickly.

Good luck, it's a lovely car.

I think the price reflects the quality of the car and whoever buys it will be wanting to be top of the C4S tree rather than the bottom rung of the wanked out turbo ladder. I really hope you get top money for it, it's a fantastic car. I do think you'll regret letting it go though. Not that it's any of our business.

Thanks both - will keep you posted.

You're right - i will likely regret selling i, especially when with my track record with cars the values go up !

Good shout on car and classic. I have stuck it on here and pistonheads and will do C&C today. Not rushed to sell but will be sensible.

Thanks for the comments - cheered me up !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back