Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

I was looking back over the early posts on this thinking about the brakes.
When you did the centre lock conversion, did you have to change the brake disks to suit? Or do the originals fit over the new hubs?

Reason I ask is it's been in my head to change to a gen.2 GT3, & if I picked one up with centre lock wheels & no PCCB, I'd look at fitting my ceramics as they were retro fitted to the turbo..

Clanky said:
When you did the centre lock conversion, did you have to change the brake disks to suit? Or do the originals fit over the new hubs?

Reason I ask is it's been in my head to change to a gen.2 GT3, & if I picked one up with centre lock wheels & no PCCB, I'd look at fitting my ceramics as they were retro fitted to the turbo..

If you have ceramics you only need to change the hubs. The discs work with the new hubs. It's only the steels that need new discs. Don't know how that will translate for you though.

Reason being there are two kits, one for steel discs and one for ceramics. Worst case scenario you'd have to buy a new hub kit (£1200 ish)

Clanky said:

If I have it right steel disc will need replacing with a centre lock retro fit but PCCB do not.

:?: :?:

isysman said:
Reason being there are two kits, one for steel discs and one for ceramics. Worst case scenario you'd have to buy a new hub kit (£1200 ish)

I see, I think...

Do you mean I would need the stainless bells of the ceramics to suit the centre locks? Or new centre lock hubs to suit my existing disks?

I was under the impression that maybe the original bells might fit over the CL hubs as they have a decent clearance in the centre bore.

INSANE!

isysman said:
Thank fellas for the feedback (except the last one which is troubling!)

Here are a couple I took yesterday at Oulton Park. Went up for a look around, some nice cars there including a 991 GT2RS Weisach package!

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

So my 911 had it's 12 year service. I can't believe it's 12 years old! The car is still under 30,000 miles on 29,500. The car went in to Wilmslow for a major service plus all the goodies that a 12 year service comes with.

So Major service including:
Engine Oil Change
carbon pollen filter
GT3 Reservoir seal
Brake Fluid

Every 4 years:
Spark Plugs

12 year stuff:
Transmission Oil
All-Wheel Final Drive: Change Oil

I also needed a new horn as the the old one had lost half of its voice, sounded like a noddy car!

Top service from Porsche Wilmslow as always. The service and parts departments at Wilmslow have been fantastic over the years and now I know most of them on first name terms.

I have to admit that I have not used the car much in the last couple of years. It's pretty shocking now that I have thought about it. I do work abroad but that's not really an excuse.

Last year between MOTs I did 482 miles, that was between June 2018 and June 2019. Since the latest MOT I have only driven about 250 miles. And unless we get any further half decent weather that will be it at least for this winter.

I am planning a road trip for next year to try to make sure I use it more. My missus is also saying I need to use it as well.

Collection from Wilmslow after the service

+1 for Wilmslow on service. Alan and the team are first class.

I have an update on the car!

Not a massive one but it's the first update for over a year really. I made a video so here you go.

In other news I have created a new YouTube channel to chronicle my car escapades as my original channel morphed into a SuperYacht channel so I wanted a separate space to post car and other technology reviews etc. Hope you'll join me.

'GT2RS' Update, and possible Power Upgrades!

isysman said:
I have an update on the car!

Not a massive one but it's the first update for over a year really. I made a video so here you go.

In other news I have created a new YouTube channel to chronicle my car escapades as my original channel morphed into a SuperYacht channel so I wanted a separate space to post car and other technology reviews etc. Hope you'll join me.

'GT2RS' Update, and possible Power Upgrades!

Link is not functional :?

Sorry for the issues with the link, hopefully you can watch it here. It was a long day yesterday, didn't even get to see the F1!

The cost of GT2RS turbos😳😳😳😳😳

GT2 RS TURBOS

Hi

I wonder the power difference between GT2rs Hybrids turbos and standard VGT hybrid turbo as they are loads cheaper as you already have the turbos.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back