Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''ve just bought the cheapest 911 in the UK!

Do a search on here, I think they're a VW group part and those will be cheaper than Porsche, someone posted about it recently.

maldren said:
Do a search on here, I think they're a VW group part and those will be cheaper than Porsche, someone posted about it recently.

Oooh, very interesting, thank you!

SS1 - could it be simply unplugged from the last time the rear bumper cover was removed?

Just a few minutes to check.
Failing that, perhaps the gear box pick up / reverse switch might be knackered.

jonno_ said:
SS1 - could it be simply unplugged from the last time the rear bumper cover was removed?

Just a few minutes to check.
Failing that, perhaps the gear box pick up / reverse switch might be knackered.

Thanks Jonno, it does look like the bumper has been off in the past (as the trim just under the hood is missing)

I've not started any investigation at all yet but intend on having a look on Friday. Thanks for the tip...are there any other symptoms I should look for? I.e. reverse lights not working.

IIRC the rear light clusters share a single feed and plug so I would expect all or nothing there. It's also above the bumper so that would not affect it.

Had a quick look at the number plate lights tonight. The other lights work fine (including reverse lights) and the alarm for leaving the lights on works too. I've cleaned the connectors to the lights and the bulbs are new. I haven't checked fuses but I guess something else wouldn't be working as well if a fuse was gone for lights...wouldn't it? There's a wire that goes through a grommet our from the engine bay to under the bumper which must be the wire. There's no other plug after that apart from the ones that connect to the lights is there?

Do you have an electrical meter, they,re really quite cheap nowadays and they make fault finding much easier?

maldren said:
Do you have an electrical meter, they,re really quite cheap nowadays and they make fault finding much easier?

Spooky, was just looking at where I can pick one up tomorrow or get one from Amazon :)

sillysally1 said:
maldren said:

Spooky, was just looking at where I can pick one up tomorrow or get one from Amazon :)

I suggest Fluke (if you can afford it), or Extech, Schneider Electric or Innova for budget options. The Amazon el-cheapo's are great for low voltages but I wouldn't trust them on HV. And electricity is not something you want to :starwars: with. Ask me how I know.

eabeukes said:
sillysally1 said:
maldren said:

I suggest Fluke (if you can afford it), or Extech, Schneider Electric or Innova for budget options. The Amazon el-cheapo's are great for low voltages but I wouldn't trust them on HV. And electricity is not something you want to :starwars: with. Ask me how I know.

I'm too scared to ask!

I bought mine from Maplin, sadly no more.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back