Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I bought a C4 sight unseen off eBay for £8k

NotoriousREV said:
Don't worry, I'll polish the headlights and stick it on Pistonheads with a really overly long and wordy ad for £16k next week and drag the prices back up ;)

We should build a template for this and ensure that at least a few of us are listed every month on PH for 2x or 3x their value. That should push all the average values up according to market theory right? :?: :floor:

NotoriousREV said:
Don't worry, I'll polish the headlights and stick it on Pistonheads with a really overly long and wordy ad for £16k next week and drag the prices back up ;)

I'll buy it, photograph it against a white background and then sell it for £23k :D

Stage 1 complete!

Attachments

• 20ca7da9_bca1_4650_9532_52f3b2fe13a5_202.jpeg
    20ca7da9_bca1_4650_9532_52f3b2fe13a5_202.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,987
Sundayjumper said:
NotoriousREV said:

I'll buy it, photograph it against a white background and then sell it for £23k :D

I will buy it and then take a photo of it standing in a large puddle and sell it for £30K.

NotoriousREV said:
I won it for £8008 I'm the end (never bid a round number, you need to get yourself ahead!) because it spelt BOOB on my calculator.

:grin:

:thumb:

10 hours later...

Attachments

• 57e1a60b_ad28_4e92_8549_54f25823923e_158.jpeg
    57e1a60b_ad28_4e92_8549_54f25823923e_158.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,780
Before and after (the before was after a wash and clay bar, after is after machine polishing and ceramic coating).

Attachments

• ee7b641f_32ee_4445_b238_9b23af7e9a90_908.jpeg
    ee7b641f_32ee_4445_b238_9b23af7e9a90_908.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,774
Looking good , big improvement even with just headlights being polished :thumbs:

Thanks for posting, I've seen their ads too and admire their descriptions of the process but always thought a bit more detail about the car would be welcomed!

Did £8k include that plate?

T8 said:
wilpert said:
I have dealt with Mark from Sterling cars, admittedly only over the phone but he is very helpful and seems to know his stuff, it looks like you got a good deal there.

911uk Moderator Comment.

Are you getting mixed up with Stirling Cars?

--> https://www.stirlings.co.uk/

Yes - stupid me, although I have to say it did seem a bit odd him doing an eBay sale. Given that he usually just focuses on low mileage decent cars.
I read this and assumed it was a one off car that he had acquired and wanted to turn around a bit sharpish.

NotoriousREV said:
iOlly said:
Happy for you, looks a steal and interesting feedback. Like others have suggested I was warry of buying anything from them as it looks a con :D. Interesting to hear it's not and much fairer than I'd thought!!!!

I also 'hate' you. Partly because of you I am getting lots of people offering me £8k for mine "because they go for £6-8k on eBay, mate!". Defo rather have it than £8k, top risk-taking :D. Looking forward to how the thread develops :D

Haha, I'll look out for it! :)

NotoriousREV said:
Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

My headlights really need doing but I can't be bothered just now...and I really should do it while the weather is decent...still haven't fitted my eBay purchase number plate backing either :(

neil911 said:
Thanks for posting, I've seen their ads too and admire their descriptions of the process but always thought a bit more detail about the car would be welcomed!

Did £8k include that plate?

A cheeky placement of the number plate screw to make the S look more like a 9 :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back