Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Calling all D911 GT3 Rep bucket owners?

The return of Marty Wild

Anyone experienced the lining coming away from the body of the seat?

I sent one seat back as it arrived with the lining separated, drove the car once with the buckets and it's happened to the drivers seat now too.

Dodgy batch or is it common? Been speaking to D911 and it will take them 3 months to get a new batch in. Not sure what to do?!

Is this why lots of people get them reupholstered?

Attachments

• 40f91a4d_0da2_41e3_bb2c_e72186835189_211.jpeg
    40f91a4d_0da2_41e3_bb2c_e72186835189_211.jpeg
    844.7 KB · Views: 2,598
Sorry to hear that. It's not acceptable though.

The supplied item is not fit for purpose.

Maybe consider a refund? 3 months is not a reasonable time to have to wait.

Why should you suffer?

Regards

HHmmm, that`s not good is it, I was considering these for my 996.1, not any longer :nooo:

Its a real shame, I've put plenty of wedge, time and ballache into these seats.

Are there other buckets that easily run belts and harnesses?

We don't think I can fix the bu gg er s then?

I've had a leather set for over 2 years and not had any issues. Perhaps this is an Alcantara related problem??? To be honest though, I've driven less than 1000miles in those 2 years

I had the Alcantara versions and they never did that, could be bad batch or new manufacturer.

Did wonder if the leather might be a safer option, interesting to hear that that's not necessarily the case.

Definitely a bad batch, how annoying. Not sure what's my next move.

Yep, you do all your homework, you read all the safety arguments online, even venturing into then darkness that is PH... decide to bite the bullet against your mate's advice. Then they arrive and you have some crappy cosmetic issue.

Literally just been in communication with an upholsterer I was recommended, he thinks he can permanently fix both seats for a reasonable fee.

Any normal motorsport bucket seat has a wire running through the
cloth that tucks up under the lip on the seat frame. These wires can be
pulled tight from the front underside of the seat.

Is this the case here?

It is indeed, although when having a look at the seat, I can't for the love of me see how in this case, tightening it would ever make the lining want to sit closer to the chassis of the bucket.

Thoughts?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back