Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AIr Oil separator 1998 C2 which brand.

adeymars

Montreal
I need a new AOS I have seen several brands along with the Porsche OEM item.
The three other manufacturers versions also appear popular which are Uro, Metzger and Retro line has anybody fitted any of these, are they better, same or not so good or is there anything else out there that I'm not seeing?
Or should I stick with OEM?

Please do not be frightened of changing this item yourself, the job content and difficulty of it is blown way out of proportion in my opinion - actually it's a P.O.P.
in comparison to some other jobs Iv'e faced in the past.

Engine lowered. No.
Expansion tank removed. No (Tank only drained and partially unmounted)
Fuel lines removed No.
Bump hat worn Recommended. :thumb:

POP if the fixing bolts don't shear off because they are seized! Then its engine out!

I asked my indy to change mine (precautionary) when he did the clutch but the bolts felt like they'd snap so he left it for another day!

Mine were tight to break out and sticky all the way but this was down to thread lock, I guess that's factory applied.

I read lots of personal experiences of people changing out their own Aos and nobody reported shearing any. Mines Revision 52 so I'm assuming it's from new and also due to nothing mentioned in my history file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back