Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F-type v8

love154

Thinking of getting one of these to add to the garage. Any body got one? What they like

Terry (T8) thought about one at the start of April....

maldren said:
Terry (T8) thought about one at the start of April....

:hand:

I have the V6S 380bhp. I did consider the V8 but in real world driving I did not see that it would be any better. More bhp but more weight. The V6 is vey good, nice looking, good cabin especially with performance seats & 20" alloys. The exhaust is amazing either quiet or loud combined with the supercharger whine.
Used mine for the first time in 6 months Ctek fed but started first press of the button. You should try both before deciding.

Attachments

• zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_li_499.jpg
    zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_li_499.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,693
  • zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_1_726.jpg
    zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_1_726.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 7,693
I have one and it is very nice, V8 R with AWD. The exhaust sound it addictive. The car is so beautiful it hurts. No down sides really, even the MPG isn't bad.

When you floor it, the car hunkers down on its haunches and leaps forwards ( very cat like) :)

Gets a lot of attention from everyone. Also, its a Jag, so you get a kinda patriotic feeling when you drive it :)

mavster said:
Gets a lot of attention from everyone. Also, its a Jag, so you get a kinda patriotic feeling when you drive it :)

Daimler-Soveriegn-Arthur-Da-large_transqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

:dont know:

:grin:

:D Very good!
Swapped my 997.1 C4S for F-Type V6S and am happy with the Jag, attracts more attention than the Porsche ever did and its all positive :thumb:
Check out Manchester/ Cheshire meet posts for piccy's .
Did consider V8 but V6S is sweet spot IMHO.
Get one :thumb:

A mate had one, A V6S.

Oddly one thing which got on his nerves was the sports exhaust- no option to turn it quiet at start up, as he sometimes found the rather contrived REV crackle-crackle racket a bit cringey and embarrassing, not to mention annoying when he left early in the morning for work. I think this has been fixed in the latest models.

...agree Mark...my sister in law was contemplating this only last month, tried the jag but way too noisy and flashy (her grown up kids said that they would not be seen in it!)

I frankly wouldn't be seen dead in one...

She has just taken delivery of a new BMW z4 which like a Boxster (which she tried) is classy and understated...

A lot of car for not a lot of money.....will be getting the v6 when they bottom out a little more :lol: :lol: :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back