Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Tailgate Lettering ---------

-- 997 --

Hi all, am looking to change my rear Tailgate P O R S C H E lettering from chrome to black, does anyone here knows where i can buy them etc, any links without paying Stealers price?

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 20190629_111425_451.jpg
    20190629_111425_451.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,842
Plastidip them

FZP said:
Plastidip them

I thought about it but once taken off then the stikky tape on the opposite side will be ripped apart :lol:

Cheers

J

FZP said:
Do it in place, no need to remove the badges

https://youtu.be/4VbZ4R4biuw

I have been wondering how to get the plastic 968 lettering on my cab tip back to black as after 28 years it is almost back to white plastic. Thanks for the link, you have given me the solution :thumbs:

FZP said:
Do it in place, no need to remove the badges

https://youtu.be/4VbZ4R4biuw

Well, that is interesting, didnt know the paint is peelable! But then how long will it last on the badges? How many car washes before it turns to silver!!! Ill look into that!!!

Cheers !! 😁👍

I took my badge off and had a local painter spray them matt black. He gave me a small sheet of 'badge tape' to re-apply them. The tape is double sided, thin and very easy to use

Hope that helps

FZP said:
Plastidip them

I've been considering doing this for a while. Has anyone done it successfully on here? If yes any comments to give me confidence it won't look sh*t would be great and I'll maybe give it a go.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back