Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ok straight to it. bought and now with shiny pics

That yellow with black wheels looks the nuts.
I understand the sports suspension thing but as I sometimes use mine for a daily I just couldnt risk it.
I've had 2 cayman s. The first one was a manual, which I found hard to live with because I spent too much time on the a406 rumbling along in traffic.
I then got a cayman s pdk, which I took to a couple of track days. I loved it it was like a super fast go cart and felt planted. I can imagine how the 981s with sports set up would feel.

Go for it - 5 owners in 5 years is fine - it's something of a seasonal toy anyway and you would pay far more for a 1 owner car ....

I say go for it - I had a manual 981 Boxster S built to my custom spec with ALL of the sports options and it was awesome (particularly when I stuck it on a reputable rolling road and discovered it was actually kicking out 335bhp). The GTS is just reputed to be better and mapped for more power .....

krispe said:
Great to hear you bought it! I bought a 981 Cayman GTS a year ago and had the same reservations you did. It was Racing Yellow (I have never had a yellow car before and was in two minds if I could actually see myself driving a yellow car!). It also had 5 previous owners.... :? Last owner was 18 months but assuming the previous 4 more like about 6 months each??? Guessing the car may have been resold through the supplying dealer a few times to help customers get on the GT4/GT3 list. :dont know:

Anyway I now think my car looks amazing in Racing yellow and now think bright colours really suit Porsches, (especially Guards Red), much more than greys/black etc. Also I am not worried about being owner no. 6 as I plan on keeping this car fro a very long time.

Mine is PASM, but I have just fitted the X73 front and rear rollbars plus the 718 rear brace which has further tightened up the handling of the car, (felt amazing on my trip last week to the Alps).

pJqgkZj.jpg

Ohmygod look at it! :worship:

all that should I or shouldnt I stuff was totally unneccesary, here I am 5 days and 550 miles after picking up the car and given it its first quick wash.

Mrs Wilpert stole it today and I'm back in the RR sport :sad:
i will carry out a full inspection of the car when she returns home this evening.

but I managed a few pics after the wash session.
That ceramic coating is great stuff, all I had to do was a quick shampoo and rinse and it was like new again.

Attachments

• img_0650_198.jpg
    img_0650_198.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,044
here

Attachments

• img_0653_170.jpg
    img_0653_170.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,042
here

Attachments

• img_0653_189.jpg