Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 Turbo

Realistically the 992 Turbos are going to have more power and be even faster than the 991's. I'll bet the standard Turbo will have the same or more than the 991.1 Turbo S, with 560bhp+ and the 992 Turbo S having more like 620bhp+

The standard Turbo will be plenty fast enough to obliterate a Carerra (and 99% of the other cars on the road) - so I think that's what the OP should stick to.

The 991 Turbo S is the only car that I've driven where I thought it might have too much power ..... having given it full beans down the slip road and joined the motorway at nearly double the speed limit! :wack:

6appeal said:
There should be a penalty clause in the purchase contract that details a minimum mileage per annum, and that if not met, it's put on a dyno whenever serviced and adds 20k miles each time 😉

But you are a nutter ..... :grin:

:lol:

I do have a golden rule, modern cars to be bought proportionate to use... The more miles you drive, the more justified a nicer car is, as you are spending a lot of time in it. If I were only doing a small local commute, then a cheap / small vehicle... god when I had my RS6 I was doing about 30k miles per annum... (that was a time when emissions didn't really exist).

Other golden rule... if you want to spend money on nice vehicles and minimal mileage, buy classics and preserve them for the world, occasional use when you get time... my VW and Yamaha appreciating quite nicely at present. And I'm in the market for a nice old Caterham which will only get occasional use.

Each to their own 😉

What if you've got 20 nice cars. :?: At my local OPC they had a car brought in by a lady for a service on a covered trailer. It was stunning.
Car:356 Speedster
Mileage: 127m
Not 127k miles......just 127m
She has 3 other 356's along with a bunch of other p cars

Had my 911 MOT'd last week I did 480 miles between MOTs. :dont know:

isysman said:

Steady on you. You'll be getting peoples blood pressure up.... :dont know:

But at least you have the excuse of being at sea most of the year. Same as me :wink:

FZP said:
What if you've got 20 nice cars. :?: At my local OPC they had a car brought in by a lady for a service on a covered trailer. It was stunning.
Car:356 Speedster
Mileage: 127m
Not 127k miles......just 127m
She has 3 other 356's along with a bunch of other p cars

I don't think there's an issue with anyone with the means to build a collection such as that, or those who haven't got the time to drive their car as much as they would like. Clearly these people have a genuine love for the cars. I think most of the disdain is reserved for those flipping cars purely for profit.

Having said that, how someone makes their money is their business. But from my own personal perspective it rankles a little as I would love an allocation for a GT car, but that will probably never happen.

Norfolk & Idea said:
isysman said:

Steady on you. You'll be getting peoples blood pressure up.... :dont know:

But at least you have the excuse of being at sea most of the year. Same as me :wink:

Yeah that's the main reason. I also had sh1tty leave dates so the weather sucked when I was off. That all may be changing though so hopefully I'll put some miles on it.

6appeal said:
:lol:

I do have a golden rule, modern cars to be bought proportionate to use... The more miles you drive, the more justified a nicer car is, as you are spending a lot of time in it. If I were only doing a small local commute, then a cheap / small vehicle... god when I had my RS6 I was doing about 30k miles per annum... (that was a time when emissions didn't really exist).

Other golden rule... if you want to spend money on nice vehicles and minimal mileage, buy classics and preserve them for the world, occasional use when you get time... my VW and Yamaha appreciating quite nicely at present. And I'm in the market for a nice old Caterham which will only get occasional use.

Each to their own 😉

It's an interesting approach - for sure - but of course your expensive car gets even more so when the depreciation and maintenance of 30K per annum gets added in. On an RS6 you must have lost a small fortune (having had a large one) every year!

Personally - I love driving - but my commute is only 6 miles and I don't have to visit many regional offices anymore. Therefore I couldn't do 20K per annum privately, if I tried. Perhaps I need to do a European road trip?

Only having a bit of sport ;) each to their own, no right or wrong answer in life.

The RS6 depreciation ironically wasn't bad, i bought it 1yr old with only minor mileage but the first buyer took the big hit... i sold it with over 100k miles on it and only cost me about £25k in depreciation. The main cost was it was brutal on tyres and brakes and serviceable items like a cam belt every 40k for about £2k... every service had many 0's associated as it was practically an engine out job for everything, it was more expensive than a mistress i was once told. The local tyre guys literally knew me by first name as i was two full sets per year, plus a couple of tyres from side wall damage. Hell, i must have bought about 20+ Michellin tyres for that beast, i used to know the brembo brake disc part numbers and the pagid pads part numbers off the top of my head!

911 much much cheaper to run in all ways. Was amazed by how little the 991.2 cost me, hence the 992! Its a positively practical sensible family car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back