Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 skirt clip part no.

toddy2

Nurburgring
One of my side skirts sits proud and doesn't clip in properly. It's annoying me more and more each day I look at.
Before I take it apart I'd like to order a set of clips for it. I can't seem to find a part number or place that sells just the clips.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated :thumb:

Attachments

• d53040d1_a915_4f7f_9615_fc52156e4d37_645.jpeg
    d53040d1_a915_4f7f_9615_fc52156e4d37_645.jpeg
    756.6 KB · Views: 882
This any good :?:

jIryFb8.jpg

Great, I'll give that a go :thumb:

Order the screws too...and the rubber grommets that you won't know why you need them until you remove the skirt... and then you might need to clean it and remove some surface rust and then prime and dinitrol it...

The C4S (it is a C4S I presume) and turbo skirts have tangs along the length of the skirt upper edge that slot into small rectangle holes on the side of the car. This is where the rubber grommets sit.

the fact yours is sitting that way suggests the screw may be missing, or the plastic tang is not sitting in properly or even broken.

If you are going to take the skirt off, plan time to clean and protect it and consider buying the clips screws and grommets. Could be about £60 in parts though as there is 10 either side. I can't remember exactly

Ghianightmare said:
Order the screws too...and the rubber grommets that you won't know why you need them until you remove the skirt... and then you might need to clean it and remove some surface rust and then prime and dinitrol it...

The C4S (it is a C4S I presume) and turbo skirts have tangs along the length of the skirt upper edge that slot into small rectangle holes on the side of the car. This is where the rubber grommets sit.

the fact yours is sitting that way suggests the screw may be missing, or the plastic tang is not sitting in properly or even broken.

If you are going to take the skirt off, plan time to clean and protect it and consider buying the clips screws and grommets. Could be about £60 in parts though as there is 10 either side. I can't remember exactly

Thank you for that, there's a couple of other spots I need to treat too so will do this at the same time. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back