Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch goosed...?

Pageeey

Hi folks...
I'm getting an occasional issue where I get longitudinal shunting when I ease off throttle.. seems to be in a higher gear, and behaves likes it would I f I was driving at 10mph in 6th and it was about to stall...

I think a new 'whirr' has turned up too but might have made that up..
Clutch bite is very high, just wondered if they're all connected... it's on it's 3rd clutch at 96k - last changed at 75k so it seems like it's chewing clutches anyway.. (I've only had it 6k miles)

Thoughts??

That sounds like the backlash in your diff that's doing the shunting. There will be some slight backlash but this can feel exaggerated if your engine isn't running smoothly. A faulty bank 1 solenoid was causing mine to run a bit lumpy and would manifest itself in a similar shunting when letting off the gas at low revs/reasonable speed. Doesn't sound clutch related whatsoever cos when your clutch is engaged it acts as one solid shaft.

Has the Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) ever been replaced when the clutches were done?

Would've thought worn DMF would manifest itself as a judder when setting of from scratch as the clutch starts to bite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back