Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electronic steering column adjustment fault Cayenne S 4.8

baldlemur

Trainee
Hello all.
The electronic steering column adjustment on my '08 model Cayenne S only works in the horizontal in/out direction. The vertical adjustment doesn't work. Could one of the motors have failed? Does anyone know if these can be repaired? My local OPC says a full steering column replacement is required at just under £2500, which I won't be doing as the steering wheel position is fine for me; however, a repair might be worth considering, especially if I was to sell the car at some point.
Any thoughts / advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
John

MarkGolf said:
Do you hear anything when you press the up/down buttons?

I had this in my old 500SL and after pressing the button with some weight on the wheel, it started working, seems it got jammed. May be a similar thing..

Thanks. I will definitely give this suggestion a try.

UPDATE

For the sake of thread completeness and in case anyone else suffers the same fault - my local indy was able to free the steering column adjustment motor, which had got stuck at one end of its travel. This took about 30 mins labour (OPC told me steering column needed replacing at £2500 plus). Result!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back