Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 elements that are not engineering progress...

6appeal said:
It's simply completely different. You can't compare the two. A different octave range and style of sound and personal preference. I now prefer it...

Funny how times change, when you think of what is deemed a nice sound of cars over even the last ten years.

6, do you think you are objective about the sound? I think it's poor (noise level not quality), but in fairness the rest of the car is a massive step up. Tough call, I am tempted to trade up. I mean my 991.2 is quiet, so why not buy a quiet 992?

I'm definitely biased ;)

Could do with putting them both in an NVH acoustic test cell and taking an acoustic reading of both. Differences in sound intensity inside and outside the car. Might ask a favour of a car design friend if we can run a test at his work.

Very little acoustic data on 991.2 or 992 on google search to see what's already existing.

I was very concerned about the sound when I ordered my 992 and at the last minute added the sports exhaust. Now I'm 1400 miles in and I don't think anyone needs to be worried, the sound is gorgeous. I love the warble around 1200 revs and then it builds to a lovely bowl of rice crispies with plenty of snap crackle and pop. 6 is right, this is a beautiful sounding car, just give it the run-in miles.

I thought the interior build quality was a bit iffy....some of the plastics felt more VW than Porsche. The one I drove had a grey plastic trim which felt/looked pretty cheap to me.

Yes, I ordered at risk the wood trim before any car was released and seen in the uk and chuffed to bits that I did as it definitely makes a quality difference.

Now four thousand miles into ownership, love the car and the only changes I would like are a software option to change the dash dials to visually look like the 991, overlapped dials. Plus the keyless entry to actually work.

I've loaded the car up for Goodwood, tent and camping equipment all fitted with ease... it's such a practical car. Don't tell anyone! ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back