Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Agreed value insurance.

With many of you guys being covered by ClassicLine - may I ask if you're seeking out a particular underwriter through them? They've quoted 3 figures, one with 'Expect', another with 'ERS' and another with 'Ageas'. I've only heard of the latter...

As a side note, the positive comments earlier regarding AIB/Hiscox can be considered out of date, and superseded by this: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=134720

Luddite said:
Tobesetc, I do hope you never have to make a claim ever.

if I understand your post correctly you are recommending a company based upon their premium, their willingness to engage in bartering, and seemingly relaxed acceptance that your Porsche is modified...
:

This made me chuckle... lucky we aren't talking about life assurance or it'd be too late for a recommendation by the time we were qualified to comment! Now, what can I barter for my Insurance this year... wonder if they'd accept a vinyl door card? ;-)

lockton 1300
manning 700
nfu 1700

all the above for a 997/1 gt3 inc agreed val and mirroring of other car ncb and track days and 500 excess.

i did forget to call classicline having used them for my previous pork

ch3tman said:
With many of you guys being covered by ClassicLine - may I ask if you're seeking out a particular underwriter through them? They've quoted 3 figures, one with 'Expect', another with 'ERS' and another with 'Ageas'. I've only heard of the latter...

I've just been through my renewals for last 6 years with Classic line, and I was never offered alternative underwriters, it has always just been ERS (though this was called 'Equity Red Star' prior to 2016 - but still labelled ERS)

AndyS said:
ch3tman said:

I've just been through my renewals for last 6 years with Classic line, and I was never offered alternative underwriters, it has always just been ERS (though this was called 'Equity Red Star' prior to 2016 - but still labelled ERS)
That's very helpful, thank you. Now that you mention 'Equity Red Star' - they do ring a bell on the topic of agree value classic car policies. FYI - Ageas via ClassicLine came in at 10% less than ERS via ClassicLine for a like for like policy.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back