Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing the tired old key case

Hi Gents,

Purchased an OEM replacement key case from D911, it's arrived and it's only the button side. Is that the norm? I bought some cheapy eBay ones for my Golf for pennies, was the whole thing including an uncut key. Looked identical to the VW ones. I now have two brand new keys after some surgery to transplant the gubbins.

Why doesn't the OEM replacement include both sides? Can I get the other part? On the VW ones I had to replace the VE logos, easy as that.

Any of you fine lot done the DIY?

Cheers!

Looking at the D911 ad it says it is a replacement key head, complete with Porsche emblem, so looks like they have not sent you the complete item :dont know:

There is another thread on here with a company completely refurbing keys with dodgy electronics and a new case for £35 all in :grin:

Looked at the listing again, looks like I did unknowingly buy just the buttons.

Might send it back, use the money to buy a knockoff case and an OEM crest.

I bought 2 "knock off" 9*7.1 upgraded key cases from a member on here when I got my Boxster, they are still going strong and look/feel identical to the 3rd OPC upgraded key that came with the car :thumb:

Don`t forget to move the transponder chip over when you swap them :grin:

Thanks, Kris, I'm au fait with the transponder, was very tricky indeed to move it on the VW key without smashing it, looks easier on the Pork. Took me about an hour each key on the Golf.

Well worth it though. Did you have to add the crest on yourself?

The ones I bought had the crest already attached and it`s actually good quality :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back