Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

[url]www.porscheshop.co.uk[/url] <<< Disappointment

sinannasirli

www.porscheshop.co.uk <<< Disappointment

Hello,
I am a new owner of a 996 Carrera 4. The very first thing that I did was to order a power steering hose for my new car.. I browsed quite a few and decided that porscheshop.co.uk is a trustable dealer for car parts..

Instead of ordering from the main Porsche Dealer in Turkey, I thought it would be faster as they listed as in stock. (also my main Porsche dealer told me that they have to request the item from Germany, and could not give me a fixed price due to exchange rates ( I do live in Turkey)

Two weeks later... the hose arrived... and here are the pictures..THe hose supposed to be brand new.. Who sells a second hand hose after all?? Does this web site always sell second hand items?? Wasn't cheap either..

Attachments

• img_6400_183.jpg
    img_6400_183.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 12,089
  • img_6397_957.jpg
    img_6397_957.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 12,089
  • img_6398_160.jpg
    img_6398_160.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 12,089
  • img_6402_109.jpg
    img_6402_109.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 12,089
I had one dealing with them, many years ago, and would never buy from them again

Type 911 first port of call, and Design 911 if Matt cant get what you want

Assumes the part isn't cheaper from Porsche direct as they sometimes are

Agree with everything 917 has said Matt at type911 is spot on wouldn't go near Porscheshop :nooo:

Looks like you've been ripped off OP, did you pay by Credit card?

Only bought a couple of things from PS, transactions went smoothly.

D911 has precious little customer service, always painful to deal with.

Not used Type911, cheers for the heads up.

I had great service from frazerpart recently. Based in Liverpool but will ship internationally.

Kryton said:
Looks like you've been ripped off OP, did you pay by Credit card?
I did pay with credit card, but not sure if the credit card company would work like it would work in the US, so that I can put a claim on them.. Will ask if anything can be done..

Porscheshop replied to me that they do pressure testing before sending out and I can return the part if "not required"!!

However about the postage back and forth and the tax ( about maybe 100 gbp in total) they did not answer if they are going to refund.

But I also hesitate to send it back, because I have read on quite a few posts that they are reluctant to pay back even after returning goodsl and some people have been waiting for months...

I wich I had checked the reviews first! Sending a used part is a complete scam.. Absolute no explanation at all with a picture of a brand new piece next to it.

A plus one for Type911.
I also use Bell & Colevill, https://www.deroure.com/ as I find their parts diagrams a useful reference. Prices are usually less the D911 also. :thumb:

So another lesson learned :)
Always check credibility of a parts supplier before you buy...

I will probably return the item, but not be able to get a refund..

I will try my best that no-one by mistake orders from this web site ever!

Yes bunch of :bandit: in my opinion...

I'm surprised Porsche haven't tried to stop them especially with the business name they are using as they are almost impersonating the business and especially the way they just list dealer parts at massively inflated prices.

Although I've had a bad experience with them I did receive brand new parts so sending out used parts is a new one!

How much did they charge you out of interest?

Probably better to get it from the dealer even if you do have to wait - no import taxes then as the dealer will (hopefully) cover that.

Best of luck!

They charged me 152 gbp+ VAT , delivery included(25 gbp)
This was totally in line with Deroure price list of 133 + VAT + Postage.
But Deroure stated bose as factory order, whereas PS listed as in stock (yet took 1 week to send out). Main reason why i have chosen them..

So either way, i will lose VAT paid at customs plus twice the shipping charges to Turkey, totalling nearly 100 gbp if i send back

They are probably counting on that and sending whatever crap they can find for overseas orders.. spotted a lot of similar complaints after my experience..

sinannasirli said:
They charged me 152 gbp+ VAT , delivery included(25 gbp)
This was totally in line with Deroure price list of 133 + VAT + Postage.
But Deroure stated bose as factory order, whereas PS listed as in stock (yet took 1 week to send out). Main reason why i have chosen them..

So either way, i will lose VAT paid at customs plus twice the shipping charges to Turkey, totalling nearly 100 gbp if i send back

They are probably counting on that and sending whatever crap they can find for overseas orders.. spotted a lot of similar complaints after my experience..

I think it's always worthwhile trying your local OPC before buying anything online. After all, where do the parts come from?

I've found several parts cheaper through my local which were massively over priced from the well known online places...

Ordered a MAF sensor from them for a boxster, opened it up and clearly had been used. Emailed them and they agreed to return and refund but had to chase them up numerous times. Didn't get the money back until 2 weeks after they received the return...

PorscheShop - avoid!!!

Obviously I didn't do any research before placing my order and therefore didn't know about their rubbish customer service etc. So continuing in the theme of reviews about them, order placed on the 11th about 5 days later I receive an email saying parts will be with them the following Monday and with me by Wednesday with a tracking number ASAP. Nothing received via email so I chased them up and I'm assured they will be with me by the end of last week (2 weeks after placing order). Obviously still nothing received as of yet and no response to emails chasing for an update.

1: I ordered parts from the US last Friday and they were with me by Wednesday, how can they not manage to deliver parts in the U.K.!
2: In this day and age with social media/internet how are they still functioning as a company when their comms/customer service is so crap.
3: Don't be deceived by the shiny website.
4: Unfortunately for them I have a large Instagram Porsche following so my feelings will be known once I have my parts!!!!

Rant over!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back