Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gearbox mount options

pietrzj

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

My gearbox is coming out soon and as I am replacing all the rubber suspension bits on the car gradually, the gearbox mounts are now getting my attention.

Having spent over 10years driving a classic mini with solid subframe mounts and superflex everywhere, I don't mind a hard ride as in my view the feedback and responsiveness out weighs the potential harshness.

I know its subjective, but what options could I consider on the C2 993?

Jan

As the box is coming out It's an easier job to fit the RS gearbox mount. have you considered a LWF? makes the gearbox noisy on idle when the oil is hot but lower gear acceleration is electric. Non Vram cars tend to stall occasionally but Vram are fine. Golden rod and short shift just to add to the bill and an MPL slave cylinder to ease your left leg.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back