Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCP, part exchange and apr

M&MD&D said:
It reminds me what a dear friend of mine -- god rest her -- used to say "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it honey."

She was a New Yorker -- and an upper east side New Yorker at that -- so money was no object.

For mere mortals, it's a bit different :D

5th Avenue etc? Then if she was older - she was likely to be from "old money". :)

The valuation you got on your trade in, might have been a future date value, my understanding is that if you order a 992 today, deliveries will not be until the end of the year.

Try your bank, my partner has been looking for a cheap finance deal and was offered 3.3% by the bank. This equates to paying £850 on top of £10k borrowed over 5 yrs, not bad compared to 10.7% at Bristol Street Motors who wouldn't honour the 0% deal they said they were offering, as the old adage goes if it looks too good to be true it is!

Mad Mark911 said:
Personally I think anyone who buys such an expensive vehicle on finance is begging to have their trousers pulled down and be rogered by the greedy dealers. Because as my dear old Dad said to me once: "If you can't afford to buy it in cash, then you can't afford it"!

I've seen endless discussions over on PH, where some suggest that even those that have the money use finance because they don't want to tie up the cash in a car when it can be earning more money elsewhere.

But I'm just not buying that argument. Not unless you are taking significant risk with your money. I don't know anywhere where you can make more than 6-7% return on your money with minimal risk. Certainly not in the bank, the stock market and no longer in property.

991.2GTS said:
I've seen endless discussions over on PH, where some suggest that even those that have the money use finance because they don't want to tie up the cash in a car when it can be earning more money elsewhere.

But I'm just not buying that argument. Not unless you are taking significant risk with your money. I don't know anywhere where you can make more than 6-7% return on your money with minimal risk. Certainly not in the bank, the stock market and no longer in property.

Couldn't agree more! :worship:

Easternjets makes a good argument on the bank loans, but they are unlikely to loan you even half of the value of a new 992.
To borrow £55K over 5 years at 6.3% (a typical APR from a dealer) adds £9K to the price. So if a 992 S with a decent spec is £110K and you put £55K down in cash and £55K on finance - repayments are £1.07K per month for 60 months. Total cost = £119K .... :nooo:

Mad Mark911 said:
M&MD&D said:
It reminds me what a dear friend of mine -- god rest her -- used to say "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it honey."

She was a New Yorker -- and an upper east side New Yorker at that -- so money was no object.

For mere mortals, it's a bit different :D

5th Avenue etc? Then if she was older - she was likely to be from "old money". :)

Spot on @mad mark911

thedarkknight said:
What sort of deals are Porsche financial services offering. Does anyone know how they calculate the trade in value for a car? Just feeling fleeced with a recent offer!

I see from another forum that you build has been finalised - congratulations!!!

Did you manage to get a deal on either the finance or the RRP, btw?

Yes. Got a reasonable amount for my car and a fair contribution from the dealership. The chaps were great all round.
My advice:
-Ring around as many dealership as you to get quotations for PX.
-Work on building a relationship with the team.
-Push and push some more!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back