Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel help

thanks for this! will come in handy for me soon.

Calproc , silvermilnec is right - he is saying that your airbag metal spring clip was NOT attached to the back of the steeringFasciaTrim - instead it was already incorrectly sitting inside the steering wheel. I can already confirm this from your photo since your airbag is sunken in by a few mm.

Take the steering wheel out , remove the fascia trim plate and pull the airbag metal spring clip out of the steering wheel , snap the metal spring clip into the back of your steeringFasciaPlate and everythjgn will perfect oem.

I've also confirmed from the inside of the steering wheel photo that the airbag metal spring clip isn't snapped onto the back of your fascia - Your issue has nothign to do with the 2 springs otherwise.

silvermilnec said:
I had this problem. Take out the round airbag, at the bottom of the airbag is the hooks that hook onto the bottom of the steering wheel, were the hooks locate check they are clipped into the plastic housing from behind. Sorry it's hard to explain but mine weren't so the hooks hooked on but were too deep into the wheel meaning it could barely move. Hope this helps!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back