Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Special 996 wanted!

Was that the ex press car? If so they were not OE buckets if it's any consolation...

Marky911 said:
Much as the 996 Turbo doesn't float my boat, if £35k was my budget, it would have to be that. Or borrow £5k ish and get a 987 Spyder. Cracking cars.

Putting that much into a normal 996 is financial suicide but if it's a keeper and you aren't bothered then go for it. :thumb:

^^^ What he said. get a 996 Turbo for that money and sleep at night (after having made sure you bought a good one through a PPI). Putting that sort of money into a M96 or M97.1 as the above poster has remarked is financial suicide - even if its a keeper and needs a £12k rebuild during your ownership.

As T8 states so eloquently: "You can drive a Turbo like a Carrera, but you cannot drive a Carrera like a Turbo"

Cant help but echo what everyone else has said. Ive had a nice spec C4s in the past and now an early C2. They don't differ that much for the probable £10k price difference between the two. Saying that if a well sorted X51 pack Cobalt blue C4s came up Id maybe make a move on it. £25k tops for one though.

For the £35k a turbo it would have to be but you want a special car so Id split budget if you really want a 996.

You did say special right, this might include a little mission budget creep :grin:

Mark Sumpters Championship winning 996.1 road legal racecar :D

https://www.paragongb.com/343/porsche-for-sale/porsche-carrera-2-race-car-for-sale-r170jpn

UuyQXys.jpg

moorhouse said:
Obviously I'm totally impartial on this but........40th AE surely must be worth considering? Manual, coupe, limited numbers (123 in the UK, 1963 worldwide), GT silver (Ok, it's still silver so maybe not that unique) X51 engine, M030, LSD, Turbo rads and cooling etc and change from £35K for sure. Not sure what's on the market just now but been a couple up recently.

Registry with cars for sale as they come up
https://www.facebook.com/40jahre911/

Cheers....Ian

I'd second this, they are great cars. There's one for sale here:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906098825965

steve r said:
moorhouse said:
Obviously I'm totally impartial on this but........40th AE surely must be worth considering? Manual, coupe, limited numbers (123 in the UK, 1963 worldwide), GT silver (Ok, it's still silver so maybe not that unique) X51 engine, M030, LSD, Turbo rads and cooling etc and change from £35K for sure. Not sure what's on the market just now but been a couple up recently.

Registry with cars for sale as they come up
https://www.facebook.com/40jahre911/

Cheers....Ian

I'd second this, they are great cars. There's one for sale here:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906098825965

Seems to fit the bill there! :thumb:

I'm not a big fan of the 40th cars tbh :dont know:

I dont like Silver and Im not sure that the TT front end works with the narrow body........... Maybe just me?

We had one in the family when they were new, its a nice car for sure but not one for me!

Had one offer come through on a lovely white car but again, it wasnt exactly what I am after. I guess i just have to wait until 'the one' comes up for sale!

996john said:

I dont like Silver and Im not sure that the TT front end works with the narrow body........... Maybe just me?

We had one in the family when they were new, its a nice car for sure but not one for me!

Had one offer come through on a lovely white car but again, it wasnt exactly what I am after. I guess i just have to wait until 'the one' comes up for sale!

Ouch, that hurts - watch your back from now on - us 40th AE lot are very protective you know.
Mind you, at least someone in the family had top taste back in 2003 though - lucky person to have one from new. Guess you are rather stuck with the silver though, that being part of the limited edition package.

Any chance you can remember the reg or the individual plaque number of that new 40th as it would be interesting to add it to the register info - if you were able the name of the original owner and rough location and the supplying dealer would also be great. Anything you have would be great - if you want to PM me rather than on here that's fine. Always on the lookout for more info to add to a cars provenance.

Good luck with the hunt.
Cheers....Ian

996john said:

So that'll be a NO then !!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back