Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sales: Official Porsche Dealers in North West England

isysman said:
squelch said:
I'm currently in the process of buying a car from Wilmslow and must say that (so far) they have been very professional, courteous and hospitable. I've spoken to various people from the Business Manager (the shortest of all the conversations since taking finance offered me no financial incentive) to their Detailer (who also does the Ferraris next door). They seem keen to make me happy, but then again.... I haven't paid the balance yet.....!

Well I'm glad you are getting good service. Are you buying a car you saw in the showroom, or did you ask them to find you a car?
It was on the Porsche website and I called and placed a deposit to secure the car. They covered my train fair to go and see it and have been pretty good so far. The test will be if they still love me after I've paid for it....?

About 6 years ago I had a very snooty response from Silverstone when trying to find a 996 C4S - they were incredibly snobbish and turned their nose up saying "we wouldn't sell a 996". How times have changed!

Porsche Chester

Just a quick addition for the thread...

I've been looking at a few 991.2's over the last 3-4 months, across 3 PC's. One of them was Porsche Chester. The sales guy (Phil) has been nothing short of fantastic. Finding various models, advising for and against some, inviting me for a 30-40 min test drive each time he thought there was one of interest. Every time there was something to say I'd get a call and a follow up email

Its that level of service we all want (and lets face it deserve when spending on cars like these!) thats made me order from them.

So this coming Thursday I'm picking up a Carmine Red 991.2 C4GTS from them.... and looking forward to the 'handover event' that he's told me about

Will post a follow up when collected to round off my opinion of them

Isysman, I am surprised to hear your experience about Wilmslow.
I bought my current Cayman from them( car from their showroom). Stuart Penney dealt with me and was very good. One of the best buying experience.

Slayer said:
Isysman, I am surprised to hear your experience about Wilmslow.
I bought my current Cayman from them( car from their showroom). Stuart Penney dealt with me and was very good. One of the best buying experience.

Maybe it's me. I see two very happy customers from Chester and Wilmslow. So they are good with some people. Chester has been shocking with me in the past.

I don't want to confuse Wilmslow sales with service and parts though. I've dealt with both extensively and they are excellent.

I agree, the workshop section at Wilmslow is very good.

I also am a fan of Wilmslow service. I get treated like I buy 20 cars a year from them and nothing is ever too much trouble

It's not just Porsche, I am still waiting for a px price on a Ferrari I was interested in from Ferrari Swindon. Over three weeks ago.
Makes you think, if they are this bad on a sale, how poor would they be with a problem.
I guess all of these type of brands get time wasters, so the salesman assumes you are. Let's face it, how ever high the price is and what ever the make, they are used car salesman, here today gone tomorrow whether a Ford or a Ferrari. No excuse but it does seem to the way of life with most commodities, companies boost on their web sites about customer service and their mission statements etc, but for the most of it is just bull sh*t. There are of course exceptions but in my experience this is not the company, it's individuals who try and give a top service.

Porsche Centre Kendal, vs. Cambridge & Colchester.

I recently bought a 981 Boxster S, and decided to get a cruise control fitted. We spend a fair amount of time in the Lake District, so as I was up in that neck of the woods & contacted the Porsche Centre In Kendal on the offchance they could fit me in.

Spoke to the workshop manager, who couldn't have been more helpful. He arranged to get the part in, kept me informed, and I got the cruise control fitted while I waited. A really nice guy, knowledgeable and helpful.

Unlike my experiences with the two closest Porsche Centres to me here in Suffolk...To me, it's a real crime when companies can't be bothered to return your calls, as was the case with Colchester, and whose whole attitude reeks of unhelpfulness, my experience with Cambridge.

Ah car dealers :grin: Having just bought the Merc A class, I nominate Mercedes Neyland (somewhere in Wales) as the worst Mercedes dealer in the land.

Great deal on the sales side, more for my px than its actually retailing for at the car supermarkets, and best price in the country on their demonstrator. Plus 3 free services, which bearing in mind Mercs servicing prices is a mega bonus

From their though downhill.....Bearing in mind an approved used.

Forgot to fit front number plate :floor:
Severe front right knocking/squeek (local dealer is now contemplating dash removal to fix)
Wipers not clearing
Left the Mercedes me connected to their dealership

No real interest in any of the above, shame its a 4.5 hr drive away :x

Wilmslow don't offer the fixed price servicing. Unless they match it or do it cheaper (which I doubt very much) I'll be going elsewhere for a service. :bandit:

My wife's GLC 2 years old just over 12ooo miles merc Stratford told me it's due a major service base price around £650, checked imo not a major went to Halfords Around £140 and this was more than their normal price due to having to use merc filters. The history is updated online from their HO, confirmed with merc this keeps my warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back