Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

986 Boxster S For Sale

roboxm3

After just over a year of trouble free ownership, it's unfortunately time to let my Boxster go.

Registered 01/01/2004 for the first and only owner prior to me, I bought the car in May 2018 with just over 35k and a full service history up to that point. The car had been back to the supplying dealer for an RMS replacement under warranty in December 2005.

Services have been carried out at the following intervals: -

The mileage currently sits at approx. 49,690 with the car in occasional use, so may increase slightly.

Since owning the car I've replaced: -
both front springs (due to one cracking on the day I collected the car),
discs & pads all round (with Brembo parts),
wear sensors all round,
brake hoses all round (with HEL stainless braided parts),
all hard brake pipes (with Kunifer),
brake fluid,
all 4 CV boots (due to a split in the NS outer),
belts and plugs at the last service,
expansion tank cap with the later part,
all headlight bulbs (with Osram parts),
possibly a couple of other things I've forgotten but will likely have receipts for.

As the car was intended to be a keeper, I had all 4 wheels properly refurbished (dipped, blasted, primed, powder coated and lacquered) with new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted at the back end of 2018 and in March of this year I had the front bumper re-painted to bring it back up to the same fantastic condition as the rest of the bodywork.
The hood is perfect and works exactly as it should.

MOT'd in March 2019 with no advisories.

As per the pics, interior is black extended leather, CDR 23 stereo, electronically adjusting, heated seats and optional TechArt steering wheel (these are £2k from Design911).

Any questions, feel free to ask.

£10,250

Rob (07595 832633)

Attachments

• img_e0051_885.jpg
    img_e0051_885.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,095
Looks very good indeed.

GLWS.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Looks very good indeed.

GLWS.

Thank you.

In an ideal world I'd keep the Boxster as a high-days and holidays / weekend / summer car but two cars and a bike just doesn't make sense for me, as hard as I might try to apply 'man maths'! :grin:

14k in your years ownership. :thumbs:

GLWTS, looks lovely. What are you getting instead. :?:

Just been through the same conundrum, sold my Cayman yesterday as she wasn't getting used since becoming a dad.

Oh the pain!

T8 said:
14k in your years ownership. :thumbs:

GLWTS, looks lovely. What are you getting instead. :?:

It was my only car, so it was used daily and I think that's genuinely for the best with these, having seen the state of the inner faces of the discs when I changed them!!

I'm not entirely sure what's going to replace it but a bit of a change in role at work is going to mean more mileage and possibly looking at lease options. Needless to say, it won't be anything at all 'special' like the Boxster but I'll hopefully be able to get something with an element of fun and I'm glad to have ticked the Porsche box...hopefully not for the last / only time.

Good luck with your sale, underrated the 986, had our more leggy version of your car since last May too, spent quite a bit but it's pretty much sorted now, think I'd be more upset to see it go than the 911.

The miles yours has done and the condition it's in makes it quite rare and desirable IMO, I'm sure somebody who appreciates that will come along shortly :thumb:

MJA911 said:
Good luck with your sale, underrated the 986, had our more leggy version of your car since last May too, spent quite a bit but it's pretty much sorted now, think I'd be more upset to see it go than the 911.

The miles yours has done and the condition it's in makes it quite rare and desirable IMO, I'm sure somebody who appreciates that will come along shortly :thumb:

Thanks, I hope so...not that I'm desperate for it to go...even less so when the sun is shining like today!

I think I've enjoyed sorting it as much as I have driving it, mainly inspired by a lot of owners on here who've taken the time and effort to improve their cars for as long as they own them.

At least if it doesn't sell and I end up keeping it, there's a ready made 'to-do' list that I can crack on with, thanks to this forum! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back