Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First track day in my GTS .1

k11pol

Spa-Francorchamps
Had a 4 hour 1-1 tuiton at knockhill today , first time on a track and in my own car. It turned out to be a beautiful day and had the track to ourselves except for one other car later on. What an experience it was me driving with the instructor then on my own while he watched from the observation tower which is fitted out with monitors for the areas they can't see personally.

He did a couple laps to show me how it should be done earlier on at the start then the most thrilling (and worrying) part of the whole time was at the end when I said ' have a go again but try it in sports + mode this time ' JESUS , i regretted that 😳, this boy could drive , I've never held on so tight ever in a car in all my years, I genuinely was bricking it. He absolutely nailed it but was so impressed with the handling of the car it just holds to the track so tight. It was initially for 2 laps but after 2 I was like thank god that's over only for him to say ' I'll just do one more" 🙈 he was loving it, I wasn't 😂.

What I've learned from today is just how well the GTS is designed from steering to braking to handling etc, it's just an absolute weapon of a car. The mind boggles as to how good the 992 will be to drive, even it it sounds like a females changing room.

The first time taking your own Car on track is truly an "oh my God, what am I doing" moment :grin:

My first time a few years back, I was driving to an open Trackday at Mallory Park on a snowing and freezing December morning, praying that I got an email to say it had been cancelled :floor:

4 or 5 cars got binned that day, luckily mine wasn`t one of them :D

It sounds like you had a fantastic time and had your moneys worth, you have the bug now, as Nike say, just do it, these P cars just come ALIVE when you get them on track, they absolutely love it :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back