Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 replacement single din

Brucey1

Silverstone
I've just bought a pioneer single din to replace my CD-R-22 head unit .
My car has a Nokia amp under the bonnet so I understand I need a wiring harness adapter to make it work . The car is a feb 2001 model , I'm not sure if it had the fibre connection to the amp , it's not a Bose system .
I've tried doing a search but have been unable to find any definite answers, any help appreciated .

Have you got speakers fitted in the doors?
You don't have a fibre optic system in your car.
I converted my PCM equipped car to single DIN and GT3 console delete - I had to replace the amp as I could not get the Nokia amp to function with an aftermarket head unit.

I've got speakers in the door , I think I will bypass the amp altogether, just power the speakers from the new head unit . I might just end up getting an expert to fit it ,I tried to remove the old unit tonight with keys I bought off amazon ,it was stuck absolutely solid in the dash.
There is a good local car audio shop , will give them a call tomorrow

My car is booked in to get the stereo changed on Saturday, guy quoted £150 .
£75 parts £75 labour , I thought the£75 parts was a bit much .
It turns out is a Haes amp in my car not a Nokia , the guy says Nokia don't make amps , this isn't the case as I've seen loss on eBay they look identical to mine . He reckons mine is a Bose , I know it's not .
I hope he knows why he's doing !

Nokia amps were fitted to early cars - my 1998 and 1999 car both had Nokia amps. If yours is one of the later amplified cars (after Nokia but before Bose) then he will probably be using the CT53-PO01 adaptor.

Had the pioneer unit fitted , today works brilliantly and to my surprise there is a definite improvement in sound quality .
You can change the colour of the display to amber , not quite Porsche amber but near enough , I liked the fact that the interior was totally standard but I just couldn't live without music streaming and hands free .
Overall I'm a happy bunny , car is ready for our French road trip on Friday 😀

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back