Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bonnet closed

Philj99

Hi guys
As I'm off the road at the moment due to broken bones in foot I thought I'd send my wheel off to be retrimmed
Took battery off prior to air bag removal then CLOSED BONNET
So in a few days when I refit the wheel I'll need to open bonnet
Mines a gen 1 I believe using the fuse charging point won't work as the circuit is not complete
So Iv no option but to remove the wheel arch liner to acces the release cable
Any hints or tips .
Carnt believe I closed the bonnet !!
Thanks for any help
Phil

Don't worry, I suspect many of us have been there... I spent a whole morning replacing a perfectly good radiator fan because I did not read my own notes properly as to which one was actually faulty!

I thought the 996.1s had a cable release from the door sill anyway? .2s have the silly switch release.

Cable release

Iv not tried looking behind fuse box for cable as I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have one
Early gen 1 had the lever release for bonnet and boot which you can acces by removing the Allen screws from the side I think
Mines a 2001 carrera 4 which has the two small switches I am so Ill with closing the bonnet !
Luckily got wheel key in car I'll have to use wife's jack to remove wheel
Iv read it's easier with driver wheel off

If it has switches for the boot / bonnet release then the red tab and a jump pack will work .. you just have to press the fob button and the bonnet button several times to get it to work.

A flat battery and a disconnected battery are after all the same thing .

If you have the levers then you undo the x3 allen keys , 5mm in the trim panel that holds then , prise it up and you will disconnect the lever from the solenoid , just move it the opposite way and you can open the bonnet via the lever as its now unlocked .

Thanks for your replies
Wheel should arrive two days
I don't have a boost pack will a trickle charger attached to fuse and earth still do the trick?
I don't have jump leads either!
Thanks again I'll let you know which one works
Cannot try any yet as airbag still off
Phil

My CTEK has a power supply mode that would do the job. Some trickle chargers will not give any power until they read a level of voltage in the connectors and won't work.

Bonnet update

Hi guys
Iv good news my new wheel arrived and Iv fitted it also used my trickle charger on fuse point and Earth and bingo the remote popped bonnet
Thanks god !
Thanks for your replies
I'm trying to upload some pics of car and wheel as attachments but it won't have it!
I'll keep trying

There is a size limit on the images of either 1mb or 1.5mb i believe so use Paint to resize the images ..

If not email them to me and i'll do it for you .. be aware you can't email more than about 10mb in one message .

[email protected]

Images ..

Attachments

• img_1252_125.jpg
    img_1252_125.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,425
  • img_1254_280.jpg
    img_1254_280.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,425
  • img_1253_194.jpg
    img_1253_194.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,425