Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coilovers...again? - Now with fitted pics page 2

fred666 said:
Coilovers all fitted, I won't give much of a review so far as i haven't done enough mileage to say whether i made the right choice or whether i've shot myself in the foot spending less than a grand on suspension...

Rolling shots...
PorscheCarrera439Trax2012.jpg

PorscheCarrera438Trax2012.jpg

and stationary...
PorscheCarrera445Trax2012.jpg

PorscheCarrera444Trax2012.jpg

PorscheCarrera443Trax2012.jpg

I know the black wheels may not be to many members taste but im over the moon with the work i've put in since purchasing the car 4-5 weeks ago standard.

That looks stunning and sits perfect in my eyes :thumbs:

Very nice, looks like they are 18 inch wheels as well which is what I would want to stick to. Some other wheel sizes here http://wheeldynamics.com/porsche-cars.html the RS-808 (Rotary Spin FORGED) These look good with the offset and size.

The ultimate look for me is att, maybe a little to low though

Attachments

• porsche_770.jpg
    porsche_770.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 11,038
what about some used bilstein OEM GT3 coilovers with H&R springs?

they normally pop up and I know a few people who just have them in their garages who might sell.

worth looking on ebay.de as they come up there too.

normally £500-£600 for shocks and then £200-300 for new springs.

NLW73 said:

they normally pop up and I know a few people who just have them in their garages who might sell.

I am interested! Need to fit my facelift C2 (currently has M030).

I will also take a look on foreign Jonny ebay.

As most on here will know, my 996 c2 has already been messed about with.

It looks like it's on standard shocks but it's definitely lowered (I assume by just springs). I love the look & stance on my car but after a road trip to Spa completed yesterday, I need to soften the ride. It's almost unbearably hard.

Does this set up make it feel rock solid??

Maybe I need to drive a standard car at the next ACE cafe meet.

NLW73 said:

I have a '98 C2; do you know exactly which GT3 shocks I need to buy. Also are they a straight fit. If you also know which H&R springs that would be handy :thumb:
Currently have M030 but thinking of upgrading

This is a good find. My 996 is my daily and have two little ones which are always in it. Looking to put Coilies on so was on ebay and the BC ones came up - ill now look at the design tek as being fully adjustable sounds spot on. Nice and comfy for the drive to the Ring, and then sharpen it up when I get there :)
haha or like everyone else, set up for how you like it and never fiddle again

Was there ever any more light shed on this?
I had bc's in my Impreza. Kept them on soft setting all the time(adjustable by a knob at the top) but I never touched the height as it sat ok when I bought it.
The ride was very hard, but then again it was virtually a road going rally car.
Currently thinking about coil overs and like most I have to work to a budget.
My car is m030 and has 75k on the clock. The ride is as firm as I'd like but I'm going to lower it and might opt for coil overs so I don't have to run into adjustable arms when using lowering springs(which I already have)

Bc's tend to have a very good reputation through the tuning community but always hard.

spectraluk said:
why would you put budget coilovers on a 911??

if you're not bothered about handling and only interested in the cosmetics of the way the car sits - buy some shorter springs?

👍🏼 Exactly right,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back